He Who Really Cares (Jyrus)

Whilst in gymnastics class, Cyrus finds himself in a spot of bother. To his surprise and annoyance, the one who shows most concern for his well being is not his boyfriend.

Cyrus had hated gym class for as long as he had known about it's existence. It was the one subject that he failed at, and he would much rather forget about it completely.

His reasoning for attempting gym was because TJ was doing it and had promised to help him improve his fitness.

They had been going out for a few weeks and it was common knowledge. Jonah had offered the most support, because he was aware that it was really important to Cyrus.

Andi and Buffy had been more resistant and were suspicious of TJ's intentions. As they waited for class to start, Cyrus was complaining.

Cyrus: I don't think I'll ever be good at this.

Jonah: I thought TJ was helping you with it.

Cyrus: He is, but I think I'm a lost cause.

Jonah: Well, you're not. Have a little belief in yourself dude.

Andi: I still think this isn't a good idea. TJ has mainly been focusing on himself.

Buffy: And I have to agree.

Cyrus: Why do you hate him so much?

Andi: He's slimy. It's almost as if he's dragging you along to make himself look good.

Buffy: And that must be obvious to you.

Jonah: Girls, back up a bit. If Cyrus really believes TJ is helping him then I say that we stand back and give him a chance to prove it.

As class began, Cyrus felt lucky that Jonah was his friend, but he was concerned as TJ had yet to talk to him. He walked over to his boyfriend with intent.

Cyrus: Are you ignoring me?

TJ: No, why?

Cyrus: I thought you were helping me to get better at this.

TJ: I am, just be patient.

Cyrus: Perhaps I should just try doing this by myself.

Cyrus marched away before TJ could reply, and climbed up to use the steady rings. He surprised himself by how strong he was. His arms weren't aching and he didn't find it too difficult to lift himself up.

What he hadn't banked on, was the fact that his hands were sweaty, and within seconds, he was starting to slip. He couldn't hold on anymore and fell off. He didn't get hurt, as he landed on something soft. Upon closer inspection, he saw that Jonah had caught him.

Cyrus: S-sorry.

Jonah: It's okay, better than you hurting yourself.

Cyrus: Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm a little disappointed that TJ didn't make an effort.

Jonah: That's why I did, because I didn't see him do anything to help.

TJ was too busy on the pommel horse to do anything, he hadn't even been paying attention to what anyone was doing. Cyrus walked over to him, feeling absolutely furious.

Cyrus: Why didn't you help me?

TJ: Help you with what?

Cyrus: When I fell.

TJ: I didn't see you fall. I didn't know what you were doing.

Cyrus: You're so self absorbed. Do you even love me?

TJ: Yes.

Cyrus: You have a weird way of showing it.

Cyrus signalled to Jonah for him to come and join them. Cyrus was a bit reluctant to admit, that he was beginning to have feelings for the dimpled boy once more. Realising something big was happening, Andi and Buffy also walked over.

Jonah: What's up?

Cyrus: I just wanted TJ to see what a real man looks like.

TJ: Really?

Jonah: You'll have to explain that one to me Cyrus.

Cyrus: Jonah, you cared enough to stop me hurting myself. TJ did nothing, and frankly I'm not sure what to do anymore.

TJ: You know what? We aren't working out. I think we should go our separate ways.

Cyrus: Fine by me, I don't need you.

TJ: Fine, see you around.

Even though Cyrus felt like he was taking the moral high ground, he began to sob lightly as his heart was breaking. Andi and Buffy gave TJ a piece of their mind.

Andi: Could you be any more stupid?

Buffy: You better stay away from all of us, got it?

TJ: Ugh...

The girls looked on with satisfaction as TJ walked away to another piece of apparatus. When they looked back at Cyrus, they saw that Jonah was comforting him.

Jonah: Ignore him dude, clearly he doesn't know how lucky he was.

Cyrus: You're just saying that.

Jonah: No dude, I'm quite serious. It's not everyday someone gets to go out with a nice guy like you.

Cyrus: Why do you have to be straight Jonah?

Jonah: Cyrus...

Cyrus: I shouldn't ask that, I know that no one can choose who they are.

Jonah: Dude, it's true that I like girls, but I like dudes too, so I'm bisexual.

Andi and Buffy were really interested in the conversation, to the point where they didn't care if listening in was rude.

Cyrus meanwhile was looking at Jonah in a state of confusion. He never guessed that his best friend liked guys too.

Cyrus: You are?

Jonah: Yes, and when I say I like dudes, what I mean is I like a dude.

Cyrus: Who is it?

Jonah: You... silly boy.

Cyrus: M-me?

Jonah: You're all I think about Cyrus. Seeing you happy with TJ made me happy, but also broke me. I wanted it to be me you smiled at like that.

Cyrus: For a while, before I met TJ, it was.

Jonah: Would you maybe, go out with me?

Cyrus: Of course I would, you bet!

Jonah was so excited that he pushed Cyrus against a wall and kissed him passionately. He didn't care that everyone was looking at them, feelings were more important.

Andi: You sure don't hang around.

Buffy: I wish someone would kiss me like that.

Cyrus: They will one day.

Jonah: Now, maybe I can help you with gymnastics.

Cyrus: That sounds great.

Jonah: Docious magocious!

Cyrus smiled and with Jonah's help finally got the hang of gymnastics. Then again he still didn't care about it, he just wanted to spend time with Jonah.

Hope you enjoyed.