Protect You (Jyrus)

When he's in a situation he finds really scary, Cyrus finds comfort in his boyfriend Jonah.

Cyrus POV

Why did this have to happen to me? Whenever I'm alone, I seem to be put in horrible situations. I could feel my heart racing and I just wanted to get out of what was happening.

I had been out to stretch my legs, but as I walked home the weather changed. It became stormy and the wind kept taking my breath away. I hated that feeling, it made me believe that I was going to die.

I had to stop, because I was out of breath and needed to recover. It wasn't easy, as I couldn't find anywhere that was out of the wind. Things were going to get worse before they got better, as I was met by the last person in the world I wanted to see.

TJ: Oh, it's you.

Me: I--- not now!

TJ: I'm glad I don't have to deal with you, you're too much.

Me: G-go!

It was terrifying to me and I felt so alone. I wished there was someone who could help me through this.

Fortunately my prayers were answered, as I saw the one person who is always there for me, my boyfriend Jonah.

Jonah POV

I was so worried about Cyrus. He was usually a fast walker and didn't take long, but I had been waiting for a long.

I decided to go out in search of my boyfriend, and to my relief, I found him a block away from my house. I approached quickly, as I saw he was in trouble.

Me: Cyrus! I was so worried.

Cyrus: Jonah, I-I can't---.

I couldn't help but wrap my arms tightly and lovingly around him. It broke my heart to see him like this.

Me: I'm here, there's no need to be scared.

Cyrus: I hate this!

Me: I know, but it will get better, I promise.

Cyrus: I, I need you.

I put my jacket over him and we started to walk back to my place. I knew that he struggled with this, and I knew that I needed to be there for him.

When we got in to the house, Cyrus went to sit down on the sofa. I could see he was calming down a bit.

Cyrus POV

I was relieved to be back at Jonah's. My breathing started to catch up to the correct pace, and I tried to calm down.

Jonah: You okay now?

Me: I think so... I just feel so weak.

Jonah: But you're not weak, you're one of the strongest people I know.

Me: But I...

Jonah: Stop this, you need to know that you are amazing.

Me: No I'm not.

I looked at Jonah, and he looked upset. I've never seen that expression on his face before.

Jonah: Listen, you are great just the way you are.

Me: I... I'm not!

Jonah POV

I was getting tired of this lack of self confidence, I did the one thing I knew would make Cyrus see the truth. I grabbed him and kissed him. I didn't rush, I let the kiss go on, so that when I pulled away, Cyrus was speechless.

Me: I only kiss people who I love, people who are great.

Cyrus: I don't deserve you.

Me: If anything, I don't deserve you.

Cyrus: I don't understand.

Me: My whole life, I've made a mess of things, you were the only person I seemed to not mess anything up around.

Cyrus: I feel the same way.

Me: I love you Cyrus.

Cyrus: I love you too Jonah.

He snuggled into me and I could feel his heart slowing down. He wasn't worried anymore, which made me relax.

Thank you for reading.