The Psychic (Jyrus)

Whilst at a carnival, Cyrus and Jonah run into a Psychic, who tells them about what their future holds.

Jonah POV

I had invited Cyrus to a carnival. I knew that he wasn't necessarily good on the rides, but I knew that he enjoyed hanging out, so I thought it'd be nice to spend time together.

A lot of things have been changing in my life. I'd left Andi a couple of weeks ago, which didn't hurt either of us as much as I thought it might. This made me question everything about myself, and I'd come to a conclusion.

I had been thinking about a lot ever since. I couldn't believe I ever dated Amber, considering that she isn't the nicest of people and almost made me overlook my friends. Whenever I see Cyrus, I feel like I am never under pressure. I can say or do anything and not feel embarrassed.

We were walking around when I spotted that there was a tent where a psychic would tell you your future.

Me: Come on Cy, let's have the psychic tell us our future.

Cyrus: Okay Jonah, that sounds like fun.

He followed me into the tent, and I was really interested in what I was going to find out about myself and Cyrus.

Psychic: Come, and have your futures told.

We sat down opposite the Psychic. It was a surreal experience, but I was going to ask the first question as I needed to get clarification.

Me: Where will I be in 10 years time?

Psychic: You will be a famous musician.

Me: Wow, that sounds docious!

Cyrus: I knew you were going to say that.

I wasn't going to ask the next question, but I felt the need to. One thing I wanted was a stable life, and this was going to confirm whether or not I was going to get it.

Me: Will I be in a happy relationship?

Cyrus POV

I was finding the interaction with Jonah very interesting. I was subliminally finding out everything that I could ever want to know. I feared that I may not want to know the answer to his question.

Psychic: You will be happy, but you must be honest first.

Jonah: Honest? About what?

Psychic: You are keeping a secret from everyone, and you don't need to.

Now I was beginning to sweat. I was sure that what I was hoping to happen wasn't going to happen.

Jonah: I'm not sure I can.

Psychic: If it helps, I can tell you that someone else is holding exactly the same secret.

Oh no, I knew that the Psychic was referring to me, and--- wait a minute, Jonah has the SAME secret? No way!

Jonah: Well here goes nothing.

Cyrus: What's going on?

Jonah: I'm gay.

I was internally screaming, becoming insanely happy with what I had heard. It was true, we did share the same secret.

Me: I'm so glad you said that, because I'm gay too.

Jonah POV

This was all happening so quickly. After all this time, my best friend was gay, and I didn't even realise.

Me: Y-you are? So we are the two with the same secret.

Cyrus: Yes... I think you know what that means.

Psychic: Before you do anything, don't you want to know who you'll end up with?

Me: Hmm. I guess it can't hurt. Yes.

Psychic: Your soulmate's name begins with a 'C'.

My eyes were unable to break away from Cyrus. His name began with a 'C', did that mean he was my soulmate?

Me: Tell me more.

Psychic: I'm getting a name... It's Crayson, no hang on... Cyrus.

Cyrus: That's me, so we are meant to be together Jonah!

Me: I knew it was a good idea to come here today.

Cyrus: So, does that mean we go out now, or do we wait?

Me: What do you mean?

Cyrus: As we know we'll end up together, should we wait before we date?

He asked a good question, but I knew what my answer was. I just hoped that  he agreed with what I would say.

Me: Let's go out now!

Psychic: That would be wise.

Cyrus: This is awesome, thank you Psychic.

Psychic: You're welcome.

As we left, I didn't feel awkward anymore, and I held Cyrus' hand. To feel him squeeze my hand back was the best experience ever.

Me: It's always been you Cyrus, I love you with all of my heart.

Cyrus: I've loved you forever Jonah, I'm so glad this is happening.

We stopped temporarily, and I saw Cyrus smile at me. I felt myself go weak at the knees, before I planted a massive kiss on his lips. I didn't want to pull away, and from the look of it, neither did he. We kissed for a while, but I had to breathe, so I stopped.

Me: Come on, let's go!

Cyrus: Okay!

We ran off to a park and sat in the sun. It was a great day, but now we knew our lives would be even greater.

Thank you for reading.