Hard To Ignore - Part 1 (Jyrus)

Jonah discovers Cyrus going through a really rough time, but Amber tries to get him to leave Cyrus alone.

It wasn't as if he had asked to be bullied. Cyrus was by no means a bad person and would treat everyone with respect, regardless of how they treated him. He didn't want to bother his friends about what he was going through, so he just got on with it.

It all came to a head that lunchtime. He was simply walking down a corridor when he was ambushed.

TJ: Time to teach you a lesson Goodman.

Iris: Cyrus, you had a chance with me and yet you turned me down.

Cyrus: I can't help it if I don't love you.

Iris: That's it, TJ take him out!

Before Cyrus had a chance to defend himself, TJ had pushed him up against a wall. Cyrus used to have a crush on him, but when it became clear the feeling wasn't mutual, he got over it. As he was punched by TJ, Cyrus life flashed before his eyes. Everything was a blur, and when TJ was finished, Iris smirked.

Iris: Great job, let's go.

TJ: After you Iris.

Meanwhile, Jonah was with Amber, Andi and Buffy and he was worried about Cyrus. He hadn't seen his best friend since they had arrived that morning.

Jonah: This is ridiculous, where the hell is Cyrus?

Andi: I've been wondering that myself.

Buffy: He can't be far away, we just need to try and find him.

Amber: Why do you care about him anyway?

The others looked at Amber with frowns. Amber had always been difficult and the girls found her tough to get on with.

Andi: What is your problem with Cyrus?

Amber: He's pathetic, he needs others to fight his battles.

Buffy: What are you trying to say?

Amber: Why can't he be tough like Jonah? 

Jonah: I don't get his Amber.

Amber: You're so oblivious aren't you.

Jonah: Explain.

Amber: Not only is he weak, but he is so in love with you, it's unreal.

Andi and Buffy shared a sympathetic look. They knew that Amber was telling the truth, and hated the fact that Cyrus' secret was revealed without him being the one to reveal it.

Jonah: Are you serious?

Amber: Look at everything that has happened. He invites you to go clothes shopping, he helps you with all of your Ultimate Frisbee games. I mean, are you kidding me right now?

Jonah: I've never even considered that.

Amber: Doesn't it annoy you? Even the slightest bit?

Jonah: Why would I be annoyed at that? It's not the worst thing ever is it? And---.

Jonah was interrupted by the sight of Cyrus being thrown to the ground by TJ, with Iris laughing over his friend's misfortune.

Jonah: Excuse me a second!

As Jonah ran towards his friend, Amber held his arm, delaying him from reaching Cyrus.

Jonah: Let go of me Amber, Cyrus needs me.

Amber: Jonah, think about this, he will be your downfall.

Buffy: Shut up and get away from us.

Andi: Or do we have to make you?

Amber: Fine, but you're all crazy!

Amber stomped away, allowing Jonah to reach Cyrus within seconds. It was clear that Cyrus was in distress, but Jonah wasn't going to let that last. Jonah wrapped his arms protectively around Cyrus' smaller frame.

Jonah: Cyrus, it's okay.

Cyrus: It's not okay Jonah! It's never going to be okay!

Jonah: TJ is just an idiot.

Cyrus: It's Iris, she is making TJ do this because I wouldn't date her.

Andi: What a bitch!

Buffy: Wait till I get my hands on her!

Jonah: Ladies please, calm down!

Cyrus: They said I'm pathetic, and they don't even know why I didn't go out with her.

Andi and Buffy felt Cyrus' pain so intensely. It was making it so difficult for them to witness. In the meantime, Jonah wanted to know more.

Jonah: Can you tell me why you didn't go out with her?

Cyrus: I don't know if I can.

Jonah: Please Good-man, you can tell me.

Cyrus: Okay Jo Lamajama. The reason is...

Jonah: Don't worry about what ever it is, please say it.

Cyrus: I'm gay.

Jonah: And they judged you for that? How dare they!

Cyrus: You're okay with that?

Seeing Cyrus cry made Jonah even more determined to prove to his friend how much he cared. He held Cyrus protectively as he spoke.

Jonah: Of course I am, I promise you will not have any problems now that I know this.

Cyrus: Thank you, that means everything, but it's not just that.

Jonah: What else is going on then?

Cyrus: I'm... I'm in love with you!

I hope you enjoyed this part.

Haven't done a multiple part oneshot for a while.

Part 2 coming soon!