What Do We Do? (Jyrus)

After both of their potential relationships have blown up in their faces, Cyrus and Jonah try and figure out what their next steps should be.

Jonah was feeling anxious, he knew that he'd brought it onto himself, but he wished that it would just go away. In a matter of hours, he had managed to lose both of his chances with Andi and Amber.

It wasn't as if he was doing it on purpose, he was just so scared of commitment. He wanted to ensure that whoever he ended up with was the right person.

He had been sat on his own on a bench in the park, one of his favourite places to be. It gave him a chance to be alone and remove himself from the very tense situation that he was in.

Looking for a solution wasn't going to be easy, and he knew that in reality he wouldn't be able to solve it on his own.

He wasn't alone for long, as Cyrus had sat down next to him. There was nothing really to be said, but they both looked very upset.

Cyrus: What's going on with you?

Jonah: Uh... I'm sick of relationships Cy-guy! They are never worth it.

Cyrus: I know what you mean JoJo.

Jonah: I don't think you do.

Cyrus: Why?

Jonah: I screwed up my chances with Andi and Amber, I'm going to be alone.

Cyrus looked at Jonah with pity, being able to clearly see how the other boy was going through a lot of pain.

Cyrus: I feel the same.

Jonah: How come?

Cyrus: I... Well...

Jonah: Go on, what is it?

Cyrus: I screwed up my chance with TJ.

Cyrus was reluctant to talk about it with Jonah. It made him sad to think that they were both facing the very real idea of being alone. He was also nervous about how Jonah would react.

Jonah: TJ?

Cyrus: Y-yeah.

Jonah: What happened?

Cyrus: I asked him out, tried to woo him but he told me that I was too overbearing for him.

Jonah: Oh, well he'll probably regret saying that to you.

Jonah could now see the pain in Cyrus' face and put an arm around his friend. It was sad, yet comforting to know they were going through the same thing.

Cyrus: You aren't... mad?

Jonah: Why would I be mad?

Cyrus: Because I like another guy.

Jonah: I think you know me better than that.

Cyrus: Sorry, I should've trusted you.

Jonah: Well, trust is why Amber and Andi don't want me.

Cyrus: What are we going to do?

Jonah: I have no idea.

The wind suddenly became stronger and that was enough for Jonah to want to go home. He didn't want to go alone.

Cyrus: Where are you going?

Jonah: Home, why don't you come with me?

Cyrus: That'd be swell.

Jonah: Cool, let's get out of here.

Cyrus walked next to Jonah, and very quickly began to realise that the old crush he had was returning. He saw the real Jonah, one that no one else had ever seen.

Jonah looked at Cyrus every so often. He noticed that his friend was sneaking stares at him, and that was enough for Jonah to feel different.

Jonah: Are you okay?

Cyrus: Yeah, I'm great. Why?

Jonah: You were staring at me.

Cyrus: I... was?

Jonah: Yes, and is that drool running down your chin?

Cyrus: Oh... I'm sorry, I'll just go---.

Jonah instinctively grabbed Cyrus' arm and pulled him into a deserted alleyway. He wasn't sure what would happen, but he thought they may be able to talk more openly.

Jonah: Cy-guy, I wish you'd calm down sometimes.

Cyrus: Why JoJo, am I overbearing?!

Jonah: No! You've never been overbearing!

Cyrus: I don't know how long I can keep things like this.

Jonah: What do you mean?

Cyrus: Jonah, I love you!

Cyrus closed his eyes and hoped that whatever reaction he got would be quick and not humiliating.

Jonah: You... Cyrus... really?

Cyrus: Yes, I suppose this whole saga has made me understand.

Jonah: Understand what?

Cyrus: I used to have a crush on you, but now, I absolutely want to be with you.

Jonah: Wow... I...

Jonah tried to think quickly about what was going on. A smile worked it's way onto his face, even though he was confused. In that moment, he saw Cyrus looking so vulnerable, so genuine, so adorable.

Cyrus: If you don't like me, please let me down gently.

Jonah: I... I love you too.

Cyrus: What?!

Jonah: I never should've gone out with the girls. I should've known that the one person who loved me, was the best person in the world.

Cyrus: What do you mean?

Jonah: You are the most amazing person in the world, and I nearly lost you to TJ. I'm not going to let that happen.

Cyrus: Am I dreaming?

Jonah: Can you feel this?

Before Cyrus could answer, Jonah kissed him, directly on the lips. It was pleasant, gentle and the most gratifying thing he'd ever felt. When it was over, Cyrus cried.

Cyrus: You make me so happy.

Jonah: And you make me happy to. So, will you go out with me?

Cyrus: You bet I will!

They walked back to Jonah's hand in hand, not even caring that some people gave them dirty looks along the way. The smiles on their faces were enough to overcome that.

Thank you for reading.