Next Step (Jyrus)

A sequel to "Fall Out".

After making up, Cyrus thinks about whether he still likes Jonah.

It had been a week since Jonah and Cyrus had made up. They were much happier now that they had talked things through and were not going to let anything get in the way again.

Jonah was always polite to Cyrus, realising that he really didn't want to do anything to lose his best friend.

On the other hand, their argument had made Cyrus doubt his feelings. It was not that he didn't love Jonah, he just didn't know if he was in love anymore. As far as he was concerned, Jonah never knew anyway, so it's not as if he would be lying.

Jonah was completing work for his previous class, so Cyrus was sat with Andi and Buffy. Whilst they waited for Jonah, Cyrus wanted to discuss his feelings.

Cyrus: I can still talk to you, right?

Andi: Of course you can.

Buffy: Our hearts are always open to you.

Cyrus: I just... I don't think I have a crush on Jonah anymore.

Andi: Really? What makes you say that?

Cyrus: I care about him, but I just don't know if I want him.

Buffy: Are you ever going to talk to him about how you feel?

Cyrus: Do you think... I should?

Andi: I know sometimes Jonah isn't the easiest person to talk to, but I can tell he wouldn't do anything to lose you.

He could feel himself become more relaxed now that he had spoken to the girls. It made him wonder if it was time to tell Jonah.

Cyrus: He wouldn't think I'm... disgusting.

Buffy: No, but if he does, he will have to deal with me.

Andi: Hey, here he comes!

Jonah sat down next to Andi, and was happy to see his friends. He gave them a warm smile, which made Cyrus melt.

Jonah: So, what's new?

Cyrus: Can I speak with you about something personal?

Jonah: Absolutely Cyrus, tell me what's on your mind.

Cyrus: Jonah, I have feelings for you.

The girls gave Cyrus looks of encouragement, he was doing really well whilst keeping his composure.

Jonah: What sort of feelings?

Cyrus: I'm in love with you.

There was a tense atmosphere while Cyrus waited for Jonah's response. He hoped that Jonah wouldn't hate him.

Jonah: I'm surprised.

Cyrus: Why?

Jonah: Because... Why would you even like me?

Cyrus: You're a great guy. I know we had our share of issues, but we got over them.

Jonah: I'm not sure what to say.

Cyrus: You don't have to feel the same way.

Jonah: Wait... I'm not saying that, I just... I'm not sure what I want.

Cyrus: And that's okay, as long as we can still be friends.

Jonah: Of course we can.

Cyrus: Good.

Jonah put his arm around Cyrus before he left. There was an Ultimate Frisbee match after school, and they were all going to watch him.

*Time skip to after school*

Cyrus and the girls sat down together with a clear view of Jonah. There was excitement in the air, as the Space Otters played.

Cyrus: Go Jonah!

Cyrus suddenly worried because last time Cyrus said that, Jonah got angry with him. This time however, Jonah looked for Cyrus and smiled.

Jonah: Thanks Cyrus!

When the game was over, the Space Otters won. Jonah was overjoyed, and Cyrus looked on with pride as his best friend. Jonah grabbed a microphone and addressed everyone.

Jonah: Thanks guys for supporting us for this game. Everyone played well, but I wouldn't have been able to do it without one person in particular. Cyrus Goodman, you are the most amazing person I know, so come down and join me!

Cyrus was shocked, but did as he was asked and joined Jonah. He didn't say anything, as Jonah continued.

Jonah: I'm sorry that we ever fell out, I was silly for not seeing that happiness was looking at me, so will you go out with me?

Andi and Buffy waited with intrigue as Cyrus was about to answer. They weren't sure what to expect. They smiled as Cyrus jumped into Jonah's arms and kissed him on the cheek.

Cyrus: Yes!

Jonah: Docious!

The crowd cheered as the boys hugged once more. Andi and Buffy had tears in their eyes, and now that Jonah had Cyrus, they pledged to never argue again.

Hope you enjoyed!