Fan Meet & Greet (Jasher)

At the launch of Season 3, Joshua and Asher go to a fan meet & greet to promote the show. Joshua feel tense for the whole period.

Asher POV

So today was one of those great days we are all pumped for. We were going to be meeting lots of our fans, which I always loved doing.

Joshua seemed strangely unenthusiastic about this. I was becoming worried because he was acting very strangely. On our way there, I spoke to him.

Me: Are you okay?

Joshua: Yeah Asher.

Me: Tell me the truth Joshua.

Joshua: I am.

Me: I'm not sure what's going on here, but it's making me worry about you.

Joshua: You don't need to do that, there is nothing wrong.

Remaining sceptical, I didn't answer. I trusted Joshua so I guess I would just have to accept that if he said he was fine, then fine he must be.

Joshua POV

This was getting awkward. I know that I should be excited, and I hate lying to Asher, but at the moment I wasn't in a good place.

If I was to talk about the reason why I felt so bad, I believe too many things in my life would change, and I didn't want that to happen.

When we arrived, I saw a sea of fans cheering for us. I put on a brave face and pretended that everything was okay. In reality, I knew I probably wasn't being subtle, but this was the only way for me to get through the day.

Fan: OMG you are the best actor ever.

Me: Um... thanks.

Every fan was very complimentary to me, which made me feel good, but no less awkward at the same time.

I kept looking at Asher and noticed that he was surrounded by lots of girls. It grated on me that I couldn't have it easy like him.

Asher: Hey everyone!

The screams and cheers almost made me deaf. It got a bit much for me, so I decided to leave and go to a quiet place where I could collect my thoughts.

Asher POV

It was great to be around the fans, I loved interacting with them. Boys and girls young and old spoke to me, and I found it enlightening.

Once the crowds started to leave, I began to worry again. I couldn't find Joshua anywhere. He was close to me when we arrived but I guess the crowds had separated us.

I walked around the building frantically in search of my friend. I walked through a corridor and I heard a voice, one that I would know anywhere.

Joshua: As if he would still like you. He would hate you if you told him the truth. He could survive without your friendship seeing as he's so popular!

I got closer to where Joshua was, and as I approached, I decided to be quiet. I didn't know what he was talking about, but I had to know. I found it weird to listen to Joshua talking to himself.

Joshua: His eyes, his face, his dimples, his voice. He's literally the greatest guy ever, but he'll never be more than your friend.

I stopped and thought about it. It sounded as if he was talking about me. I had never felt so good about myself, yet I understood that if true, I was causing him great pain.

Me: Josh?

Joshua POV

Whoa! I nearly jumped in surprise when I heard Asher's voice. Was he stood there the whole time? I hope he didn't hear what I said.

Me: Ash?

Asher: You can't lie anymore. I want to know the truth.

Me: I can't, I don't want to lose your friendship.

Asher: Do you really think I would be that selfish?

Me: I don't know what to think anymore.

Asher: I'm here for you. Whatever is going on, you can talk to me.

My heart was telling me that I should talk, whereas my head told me I should keep quiet. My parents always say you should listen to your heart, which scared me more.

Me: I'm not able to talk to you.

Asher: I wish you'd stop thinking that, you know it's not true.

Me: I like you!

Oh no, I blurted it out and not only was it loud enough for the world to hear, I also sounded desperate.

Asher POV

Well I wasn't expecting that, I didn't even know that Joshua was interested in guys, let alone interested in me.

Me: You like me?

Joshua: Yes Asher, and I'm sorry I shouldn't have told you.

Me: Don't be.

Joshua: Umm...

Me: So that's why you've been acting this way.

Joshua: It's not just that. I hate the fact that you have it easy. People like you and you don't worry about what they think.

Me: I don't have it easy Joshua, far from it.

Part of me wondered if it was actually worth having this conversation. Would it result in anything good?

Joshua: You don't know what its like to love someone that doesn't love you.

Me: You're right.

I was defeated, there was no argument that I could make to convince him otherwise. His face looked so sad.

Joshua: What am I supposed to do Asher?

Me: Joshua, I'm not angry.

Joshua: That's something I suppose.

I'm not sure what made me do it, but I grabbed Joshua and kissed him passionately. There was a new feeling and also I felt Joshua lean in to the kiss more. When we parted, we were both smiling.

Joshua POV

This was making no sense to me. Even though I enjoyed the kiss, I don't know why Asher did that. I hoped he wouldn't regret it.

Me: Asher...

Asher: I'm glad I did that Joshua, it makes it easier for me to tell you that I like you too!

Me: I don't know about this.

Asher: You mean you didn't actually like me?

Me: I do like you, but now this has happened, what does that mean?

Asher: It means that we can go out.

Now the roles seemed to reverse and Asher felt really awkward, I realised that he was right, and that we could go out.

Me: If you mean it, then I'll be so happy.

Asher: I do, so will you go out with me?

Me: As if that isn't obvious! Yes I will, silly.

Asher: Cool!

The mutual feeling was great, and I personally was not going to let anyone get to me anymore. I was living my life, my way.

Thank you for reading.