Teach Me (Jyrus)

Jonah invites Cyrus to learn how to play Ultimate Frisbee.

Cyrus POV

I was staring directly at the human sunbeam. Jonah... Ah, how I could look at him all day. He can brighten up any room by just being there.

He had always been so kind to me, which made me feel better about myself. Even when other people stopped believing me, Jonah kept encouraging me, and because of him, I became much more confident to try new things.

I went to watch him after school had finished, although this time, it looked as if he wanted me to be more involved.

Jonah: Hey Cyrus!

Me: H-hey Jonah.

Jonah: Why don't you practice with us?

Me: I'm not sure, I don't think I'm good enough.

Jonah: You are good enough, and more to the point, just look at it as you and I having a bit of fun.

Me: Well, when you put it like that...

I chuckled lightly and saw Jonah smile at me, which sent of fireworks in my mind. He was so athletic and I was more of a nerd, which meant that I wasn't convinced that this was going to end well.

Jonah POV

I was happy that Cyrus was going to practice with me, but I was becoming increasingly annoyed by the fact that he didn't believe in himself fully. He's better than he used to be in that respect, but he could do with a little extra belief.

He followed me over to the field, where I threw the Frisbee. He caught it the first time, which made me smile fondly, but also seemed to shock him.

Me: See, told you that you were good enough.

Cyrus: I guess I believe you now.

Me: Why do you think so low of yourself?

Cyrus: I've always seen myself as inferior to others.

Me: You should never feel like that. You're such an inspiration to others.

Cyrus just stared at me for a few moments, and if I wasn't mistaken, he blushed lightly from my comments.

Cyrus: I am?

Me: Absolutely dude, you're caring and you always go out of your way to help others.

Cyrus: I... guess I do, don't I?

Me: Yes, now would you be so kind as to throw the Frisbee back here?

Cyrus: Um, sure!

Cyrus POV

I couldn't believe what was happening. I was actually good at Frisbee, and when I threw it back to Jonah, he caught it with ease. My aim was accurate and I suddenly felt better about myself. He walked over to me casually.

Jonah: You were great bro.

Me: Thank you, I tried and that's what counts.

Jonah: Yeah you did, and you should be proud, because I'm proud of you!

Me: I'm proud of you too!

He hugged me lightly before we continued playing. There was a new feeling in my head, one of belonging, one of self worth, and that was all down to Jonah.

I think this is the shortest oneshot I've done.

Thanks for reading.