Chapter Five

"What! Are you insane?" I shouted and stood up.

Are these people out of their minds? Why would I want to marry Xavier when I did not even want to go on a date with the guy? Do they even know what they are saying right now?

Marriage is a huge step in life and I am not sure that I want to take that step just yet. I have a whole life ahead of me. I know that I should have moved out of here when I was eighteen, but I didn't want to because I wanted to have their love. I didn't want to leave them, even if they don't like me, I do. Besides, even if I would want to move out, they would do anything not to let me out of here. Or even if I did think of moving out, I still wouldn't be able to because I lost my job.

I can't believe what I'm hearing now. My parents, my own parents, want me to marry a man I don't even know. I just know his name. God, I don't even know his age!

"We know what we are doing. It's what's best for both of us. Think about it. I get a billionaire son-in-law and you get a smart and charming husband." mother said.

I scoffed. I am certainly not going to marry that man. He may be how handsome he wants, he may be how rich he wants, but I am not going to ruin both of our lives by marrying him.

"You people are insane! I am not going to ruin both of our lives. You do not have good intentions and I am not, absolutely not, going to give you access to get what you want." I spat.

My mother smiled and stood up. She placed a hand on my shoulder as she walked behind me. Suddenly a sharp pain stung through my whole arm. She had twisted my arm to my back and she was now resting her chin on my shoulder. She was still holding my hand tightly against my back. I yelled because of the pain. I couldn't breathe properly and my face was starting to become warmer.

"Oh Hadley, you're so innocent. As we told you a few moments ago, you have no choice. You either do as we tell you to do, or you become that drunkard's whore." My mother dared. I could imagine her smirking now.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I whispered.

"Because," she twisted and squeezed my hand even tighter, making me yell again. "Xavier is crazy about you. You really think that I wouldn't see those delightful roses, didn't you? If you marry him, I become the mother-in-law of one of the richest men in the world and I. Get. What. I. Want." she said twisting my arm even more, clenching her jaw.

"Choose. Now!" father demanded.

A tear escaped from my eyes and I nodded. "I'll do it." I cave in.

These people are monsters. They ruined me completely. They broke me completely. They haven't just convinced a girl to marry a stranger, no. They convinced a daughter that her parents are not worth the love she gives them.

They ruined her.

My father smiled and patted my back. "I knew you would make the right decision, Hadley."

I trembled and scowled at the man who I used to call my father. He is no one to me. He is not my father. She is not my mother. I am an orphan that has no relatives.

My eyes were burning with anger, my fists were pleading to connect with his face, and my heart ached at the loss I just had. All I wanted to do now was hit my own father who isn't my father anymore. Kill my mother who isn't my mother anymore and ruin that sister that has never been a sister to me.

The pain in my heart started to rise and anger took control over my whole body. My hands raised and I pushed the man in front of me with all my strength and all the anger that was building up inside me.

They have no right to do this to me. They have no right. They do not have the right to ruin my life by telling me what to do after twenty-one years! They have no right.