Chapter Fifteen

"How long?" I asked for the hundredth time.

Xavier narrowed his eyes at me. "Hadley, he will be here in just a few minutes. Just wait, okay?" Xavier said as if he was talking to a little kid.

"But I want him to be here now." I stomped my feet childishly as I crossed my arms over my chest with a huff.

"Look, Hadley." he placed his hands on my shoulders. I frowned because it kind of... Tingled.

I wanted to groan out loudly, but I held it in. Since I met Xavier, my world is just completely upside down. He almost hit me with his car, he turned out to be my mother's soon to be boss, he married me to let his father live a little longer and he tried to seduce me with his extremely dangerous sexiness.

And that's not all. Since that day, we sleep in one room and he's always shirtless next to me. So when he wraps his arms around me, all the air stops it's way to my lungs. I sweat a lot at night now, because, my idiot of a husband just wants me to suffocate. He just teases me because every time he pulls out his shirt, I can't stop staring. I just stare at him like a bloody creep who just saw a new victim to creep out. Oh, come on! Who would be able to not stare at such a hot chest? Not you, right? See.

"Just wait a few seconds. He will be here in a bit." Xavier said carefully, secretly scared that I don't snap.

I huff and cross my arms over my chest stubbornly. If you're wondering why we're here with me not being able to wait for him to arrive, let me just tell you that Mr. Rodriguez is coming home today and we're here at the airport to pick him up. I missed Mr. Rodriguez so much, that I don't think I'll be able to let him go again. I feel so empty without him.

When Xavier told me that Mr. Rodriguez ordered him to come pick him up from the airport, my heart was about to burst by all the happiness that started to build up inside me. I was so happy that Mr. Rodriguez was finally returning home. He was returning after one week. One fucking week.

In that long one week, Xavier used to come home after twelve from all the busyness. I would wait for him to arrive because I couldn't sleep without his arm wrapped around me. I felt safe in his arms. I felt... Loved.

I said nothing. Just stood there with my arms crossed over my chest, letting my thoughts take over my head. I haven't seen Sarina and grandma for a while now. And to be honest, I don't really miss them. Well, not Sarina, at least.

Since I see Xavier every morning and every night, he is the only one occupying my whole mind. Oh god, I'm such terrible person! But it's funny on one side though. I still remember when Sarina and I were kids and no enemies, we used to steal my mother's clothes and hang them in the park on the oak tree, just because we hated her. We were such little devils.

We even stole her food one time. She didn't cook for us that day and she was like cooking for herself and not for us, so we sneaked under the table and took her plate when she turned around. My mother her face was priceless when she saw that the plate was gone.

"He's here." Xavier turned around. I squealed lowly in happiness and followed Xavier to Mr. Rodriguez.

I was so happy. I was finally going to see Mr. Rodriguez and I couldn't wait to see him again. The moment I saw Mr. Rodriguez checking the time on his expensive Rolex watch, I jumped and hugged him before he could even see me. He made an 'oomph' sound but chuckled afterwards. I giggled and hugged him tighter.

"I missed you." I breathed his damn good cologne in.

"I missed you too, kid." He kissed my forehead.

---

"Dad, we're here!" I heard a feminine voice.

We were home already and Mr. Rodriguez was tired inside and out. I offered to massage his shoulders for him, but he refused and told me to go and rest a bit. I didn't want to leave him alone since he was so tired, but I thought it would be better if I'd just leave him alone to rest for a while.