Chapter Sixteen

I stared at Xavier in disbelief. I could not believe what I was hearing right now. All this time I was being an idiot that thought that that woman was Ryan's mother. All of this seemed so hard to believe. How did Ryan end up with her?

She is just so rude. What surprises me even more is that everyone sees how she handles Ryan so roughly, but still nobody says a word to her. I hate seeing a little boy suffer like that. Sure, I wanted to have my own kids and all, but now that I have seen how she treats Ryan, I am scared of being a mother now. If being a mother were handling your kids like that, I would rather kill myself. Poor little Ryan.

I shifted uncomfortably as Xavier watched me. He was still waiting for me to say something, but all I could think of was how Ryan ended up with that evil witch. There were so many questions roaming in my head demanding an answer. Why couldn't Xavier tell me all of this earlier?

"H- I always thought she was his mother..." I managed to say.

Xavier rubbed his forehead and sighed. "No. Ryan is an orphan." he groaned.

I on the other hand, frowned even more. I still did not understand what he meant by saying that Ryan is an orphan, but that could be the explanation why that woman handles him so roughly.

"It was a matter of four years ago, when Crystal found Ryan at her doorstep." he started. "Crystal didn't live with us because my father and I hate her with all our guts. If she was here, then there's chance that you may have heard that my father calls her a murderer. So you pretty much get the hint." he explained. "But anyways, Crystal married a criminal, which made us hate her even more. We tried to tell her that she was taking the wrong step by trusting that man, but she didn't listen. One day she woke up and found Ryan at her doorstep. She and her husband tried everything to get rid of Ryan, but I always made sure he was safe. Because my father and I are always so busy, we knew that we wouldn't be able to take care of Ryan, so we made sure he was safe."

I was speechless. I gaped at Xavier who was looking at me, pleading to say at least something. I felt so bad for Ryan. You can almost compare his life to mine. He is going through a miserable life right now, and I can't stand seeing a little boy go through all this!

The knock on the bedroom door caught our attention and I looked at Xavier. He nodded and went to open the door. Mr. Rodriguez smiled happily at us and mentally asked Xavier to come inside the room. I stood up from the bed and walked over to the two men.

"I have booked two tickets for your honeymoon to Australia!" he said. Xavier and I exchanged looks.

"Our honeymoon?" Xavier asked for confirmation.

Mr. Rodriguez nodded eagerly. "The flight is next week and you will be returning after two weeks! Now go and enjoy!" he cheered.

"B--

"Xavier!!!" John yelled and ran into the room. I frowned and watched him panting. "He... He's here!" he breathed heavily.

"Who's here, John?" Xavier frowned at him.

John took a deep breath and looked at Xavier and Mr. Rodriguez. "Robin." he said finally. "And he has a gun!"

My eyes grew wide. "What is he doing here!?" Xavier and Mr. Rodriguez growled in anger.

John gulped and shook his head. "I don't know. He just walked into the house with a gun." he said.

Mr. Rodriguez frowned in anger and sprinted out of the room. Xavier ran to me and placed his hands on my shoulders. "You stay here. Okay?" I nodded and he nodded back.

He stormed out of the room with John following him. They took a right turn and disappeared from the hallway, and of course, I didn't listen to him. I took a left turn and walked through millions of hallways until I found Mr. Rodriguez and Xavier in the living room with their hands in surrender as a man held the gun aimed at them.

"Who do you fucking bastards think you are, huh!?" he yelled. "You think you can just humiliate my wife, accusing her to be a murderer and a child abuser. If it wasn't for her kindness for accepting that little motherfucker, he would be hit by a car by now!" he yelled.

The way he talked about Ryan made me mad. How dare him! I pulled out my slippers and carefully, not to make any sound, and placed them somewhere. I sneaked out from behind the pillar and gestured Xavier and Mr. Rodriguez to stay quiet, since the Robin guy was standing with his back facing me.

Xavier gave me a deadly look, telling me to go away while I still can, but I didn't listen. I silently tiptoed towards the guy and elbowed the back of his neck as hard as I could when I reached him, making the gun fall from his hands. He groaned and held the back of his neck with his hands. I took this as an opportunity and kicked the back of his knee, making him fall on the floor.

Xavier grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and punched him in the face so hard that he fainted. He then ran to me and inspected my entire goddamn face.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt? Did he hurt you?" he asked worriedly, cupping my cheeks gently. "I told you to stay inside." 

I took his hand in mine and gave it a squeeze. "Xavier, I'm okay." I assured him.

"Are you sure?" Mr. Rodriguez asked. I nodded. He wanted to say something but chose to stay quiet. They called the cops and they didn't arrive that late. The police arrested Robin, but not after a sweet threaten that he's going to ruin Xavier and I's life.

After wishing us goodnight, Mr. Rodriguez went to sleep and I followed Xavier into our room. I was still so shocked about everything that happened recently. That man I saw moments ago was someone who hates Ryan;a guy who is a criminal.

I wanted to save Ryan from everything. I wanted to help him get out of that hell. I don't want him to get a life just like mine. He's too little to live without love. He needs all the love he can get, but yet, I feel like I will not be able to save that little boy who is slowly going to die from the inside.

---

Oh my god! Diwali is like tomorrow and I can't wait!!!

Anyway, I will try to update soon because even I can't wait for the next chapter! Ooh, what do you guys think about this chapter? I need your opinions a lot, maybe I can get genius ideas!

This was like the chapter I needed to add for today, so I can write the next chapter quicker because I can't wait! Sorry for the short chapter. I'll make it up to you in the next one. Promise!

The next chapter is going to be a cliffhanger muhahaaaaaa... I'M EEVIIILLL

Sorry, I have my moments sometimes anyway, the next update is not far, so till then

-vote

-comment

-follow