Chapter Eleven

I grabbed my purse that was on the bed and looked at myself in the mirror one last time. Its not that I care about my appearance, but it won't harm anything looking at yourself in the mirror, right?

It has been a while since I haven't spend some alone time now, so I decided that it would be a good idea to start my morning with a coffee and time alone at Starbucks. Stupid, I know. But I haven't been there in a while.

I walked out of the house, not even looking at my mother who was looking at me like I was about to tell her where I go. But I don't think I have time to do that right now.

Sarina was out since yesterday night. She had received a call from her boss telling her that she has some extra deliveries to do or something, so she left as soon as her boss hung up. I really don't know what she is doing right now, and don't really care about that either.

I started the car and pulled out of the driveway. I saw my mother looking at me from the window, but I just smiled at her and drove away. Once I was at Starbucks, I parked the car and entered the cozy building. The smell of coffee hit me like a hurricane and I couldn't help but run and order one.

I sat down and looked outside as I took a sip from the coffee I just got. A smile crept onto my face when I saw how a boy ran to his girlfriend and handed her a bouquet of red roses. He tapped on her shoulder and when she turned around, he kissed her hard and handed her the roses.

It was nearly impossible not to smile when seeing that. But my smile soon vanished when I realized that maybe its not in my luck to have such a sweet relationship. I always thought that I may not get parental love, but I can have all the love I want when I find the right guy for me. I would always dream about my prince charming when I saw one of the Disney movies. But by the time I grew up, I realized that life is not like a Disney movie where a girl gets tortured all her life and stays happily ever after with her prince.

Life could be the total opposite of that. You can either get a cliché ending or you just suffer. Every girl wishes to have a prince like one of those movies, but its time they realize that not always you have all that luck to get what you want.

My phone vibrated in my pocket making me jump a little. I frowned when I saw that I had received a message from Xavier. It was the first time he ever contacted me after exchanging numbers. I shrugged and opened the message.

Don't freak out, but I want you to look behind you. - Xavier

My eyes grew wide and I slowly turned around, finding a waving Xavier behind me. He was wearing a black skinny jeans and sneakers with a black T-shirt and a leather jacket. I waved back and he walked over to my table and sat down.

"Hey."

"Hey." I smiled. "So, are you stalking me now?" I asked, making him smirk.

"Why would I stalk you when you're about to be my wife tomorrow?" he said like it was the most obvious thing ever. "But I wouldn't mind doing that anyways." he winked at me making me blush.

He chuckled and shook his head slightly. I smiled at how adorable he looked while doing that. I froze when I once again realized what I was thinking about.

I was thinking about someone who I don't know that well and I don't even know what my feelings are for him. I really need help. I think I'm going crazy thinking about all the things happening here.

"What are you doing here?" Xavier asked.

"I just needed some time to take everything in for what happened recently. It's been hard." I said and he nodded in agreement.

"If it wasn't for my father being a heart patient, I never would've done something like this." he sighed as he rubbed his forehead with his thumb.