Chapter Twenty

"How do you know me?" Xavier frowned.

Margaret rolled her eyes at him and sighed. "Of course you don't know who I am. Your father kicked my father out of his company and we moved here to Hawaii. The place where I certainly don't want to settle down." she threw her hands in the air.

"Is that why you're cursing so much?" I frowned and she shot me a skeptical look.

"No." she said. "I'm cursing because my father is now acting like a complete ass! He just scolded me because I was talking on the phone to one of my friends!" she complained. "And when I told him that I don't want to live in Hawaii, he said its for the best." she mocked.

"I can help your father to get his position back." Xavier offered.

I frowned. "How?"

"As you see, we have a shortage of employees in our company for now and I don't think my dad is doing a great job kicking people out, so I can get him back on the job since I will be the new boss in shorter than two weeks." he explained.

Margaret her face lit up and she jumped in happiness. I smiled at her and shook my head. "Come on, I have to show you something." Xavier took my hand in his.

I nodded and asked Margaret to join us. Luckily, she agreed because she was in a good mood. I wanted to laugh at her excitement, but I was still happy for her. I can understand how hard it can be for someone to move out and leave behind everything and everyone you ever loved.

I felt how it feels already. When Neil was gone, I would always miss him because he was the one who would bring Sarina and I back together when we fought. He used to tell us that not everyone has the blessing to have a sister and that we should appreciate whom we actually have by our side.

When Neil went away, I then understood what he meant. The next day he went away, Sarina and I had a big argument and we never really talked since then. She would always glare at me or do something that my mother would hit me or do something worse. She stole Aidan from me and soon after that; we grew farther and farther away from each other.

Then Xavier came and filled my life with happiness. Mr. Rodriguez made me so happy. If it weren't for him, than Xavier and I wouldn't be together now. I would be in the same room crying my ass off, while Xavier would just find another pretty girl and move on.

I looked at Xavier and smiled. If I would be able to ask God one thing, then it would be the question of how in the holy hell this man over here started liking me. It still puzzles me that Xavier asked me to go on a date with him once. It just seems so funny how everything can just change in just a snap of a finger.

"Hey, who is that guy?" Margaret said excitingly.

I turned to see at whom Margaret was pointing. I couldn't see his face, but he was surfing damn well. He had black hair and that somehow reminded me of Neil. Xavier also frowned and came closer to me.

"Isn't that Neil?" he asked.

I watched him closely and shrugged. "I don't know. But he sure reminds me of him."

His head slowly turned to our direction and I immediately groaned. It was Neil. All I wanted was to spend some time with my husband, even if I didn't want that earlier, but I want it now; and then my cousin just appears out of nowhere and just ruins everything.

Bloody shit.

He grinned widely when he saw us and within a few minutes, he was in front of us. He greeted Xavier and they man-hugged, while I just narrowed my eyes at my cousin.

"Hi Nov." he nudged my side. "Oh wait. You're not Nov anymore. You're Rod." he nudged my side even more.

I poked him making him jump at least ten feet in the air. I laughed and poked him again. He grabbed my finger and started poking me, making me jump now. He slowed down when he saw Margaret. A questioning look formed on his face and he pointed at Margaret.

"Who is she?" he asked.

"We just met a few moments ago. Her name is Margaret." I said.

He smirked and turned to Margaret. "Hello there, pretty lady." he started, making me groan.

Neil narrowed his eyes at me. "Aren't you two supposed to be in Australia?" he said, his eyes suspiciously narrowed at us.

"Yes, but dad changed it to Hawaii." Xavier said and Neil nodded.

"Anyway," he turned to Margaret. "So pretty lady, may I ask you for a walk down the beach?"

Margaret looked at me and I saw how unsure she was. I nodded my head and she agreed. Neil and Margaret started walking the opposite direction while Xavier dragged me somewhere I don't know.

After a few minutes, we ended up sitting at the shore with the waves crashing against our feet, leaving cold sensations behind. I rested my head on Xavier's shoulder as he threw his arm over my shoulders. The sun was setting and being with Xavier here on the beach just made it better.

We watched the sun go down and let me tell you that it was almost the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I don't know what was more pretty, the way the sun set, or the way mine and Xavier's body were shining by the golden color of the sun.

"So, number one of the bucket list, see the sun set." Xavier grinned.

I smiled at him and nodded. I remembered the day he brought me to the greenhouse. How we lay on top his the roof of his car and watched the stars. It was quite funny when I told him that I had never seen the sun set.

I watched the sun again. It looked so big and it was already halfway down. It seemed as if this was almost the moment of my life where I achieve my biggest dream. It felt so funny to watch the sun set with Xavier. The man I like.

Like?

I do know that I like Xavier a lot, but now I think that maybe I'm starting to fall in love with him. No, that can't be. I can't love him that fast. Love is a too strong word for Xavier and I's relationship. I shook my head to clear all those thoughts.

"Uh, dear wife, are you going crazy? Because I don't think someone would shake her head out of the blue." he raised his eyebrow at me.

I glared at Xavier. Seriously!? Did he have to ruin the moment like that? I poked his cheek, making him jump a bit. I started laughing when he groaned and muttered something like 'Men shouldn't feel shit like that.'

He narrowed his eyes at me as I laughed. I tried to stop laughing and even tried to give him a serious look, but both of us cracked up and we started laughing. Xavier's smile soon vanished when I asked him that question that seemed to be his deepest memory.

"Xavier, tell me about your mother."

He was about to say something but then Aidan came from behind. "Hey Hadley." he said and Xavier was already fuming with anger.

---

Ahoy!

Cliffhangers again, hay?

Please don't hate me for all the cliffhangers; I just like them when I write. I even like the comments I get XD

What surprises me even more that I have so many reads and votes in such a little amount of time! 13K is a lot reads dudes!

Thank you so much for all your votes and comments, and even if you added this story into your reading list. I really appreciate you guy's time for reading this story and liking it :D thank you so much for your love guys <3

The next update will be soon, I promise. Till then,

-vote

-comment

-follow

Share if you can ;)

911827B}/m