Chapter Twenty-One

Aidan stood there with a victorious smirk playing on his lips, while I felt Xavier's hands tightening its grip on my hand. To be honest, Xavier's grip on my hand was freaking painful. He was almost squeezing the life out of it, but I actually didn't mind. I can understand him. He's just scared for me when Aidan's around. The fact that Aidan is my ex-boyfriend scares Xavier; I know it.

I watched Aidan impassively. This guy really has the guts to stand in front of me and act as if nothing ever happened. I will not take that. This son of a bitch has to learn some manners. He just can't show up when Xavier and I are having our sweet moment. He was just about to tell me about his mother and we would have maybe kissed, but no... This bitch has to come and ruin it!

"What do you want, Aidan!?" I asked in a bitter voice.

For a moment, I saw him cringe a bit, but he soon covered it up and replaced it with his normal jerk ass smirk. I glared at him. I seriously wanted to slap the living hell out of this guy. I mean we already broke up, what does he want now!? Doesn't he get that I want him out of my life already!?

Xavier and I stood up, with our hands still laced together. I saw him 'secretly' glancing at our laced hands and I swear I saw a hint of jealousy in his eyes and that successfully made me hate Aidan even more, even though I hate him already!

"Oh, nothing. I was just walking down the beach and saw you and your husband—" he scowled at Xavier, but ignored his glare and turned back to me. "—so I thought to pay you a visit." he said.

"Listen here, don't you dare look at my wife like that o—

Xavier's phone started ringing; cutting him off, but he kept his hard glare towards Aidan. I watched Xavier with concern as he placed the phone onto his ear, not keeping his glare of Aidan. I was scared, yes. I was scared that these two might start a fight out of nothing.

"Hello?" Xavier said a bit roughly.

I rubbed circles on his hands with my thumb and for a moment, I felt him relax. Suddenly his eyes grew wide and his body tensed again. The phone fell out of his hand and his grip on my hand loosened. However, I didn't let go of his hand. I placed my other hand on his chest and asked him what happened. He didn't say anything. He just stared at nothing with wide eyes.

"What happened, Xavier? Please tell me!" I pleaded.

His head slowly turned to my direction and he stared at my worried face with a shocked expression on his own. I picked up his phone and saw that dad had called. I tried calling him back, but he wouldn't pick up. I grew frustrated and threw the phone on the sand. I even forgot that Aidan was there. I shook Xavier furiously.

"Xavier, what happened!?" I asked desperate for an answer.

"Ryan..." he whispered as he stared at me.

My eyes grew wide. "Ryan? What happened to Ryan!?" I shook him again. The tears were already forming in my eyes, which confused me.

"We have to go home now! We have to go back to Ryan!" He stressed.

"What happened to Ryan!?" I yelled.

I was getting worried and frustrated, and Xavier not telling me what happened to Ryan wasn't helping at all! I wanted to know what happened to Ryan, because Xavier's behavior explained that there is something wrong with him.

"Xavier, what happened to Ryan!?" I shouted again as Neil and Margaret walked towards us.

Neil his smile got replaced by a worried frown and he ran towards me. "What happened, Nov?" He asked.

"That's what he won't tell me!" I groaned. "Xavier, please tell me..." I whispered as a tear rolled down my cheek.

I don't know why I was crying. I don't know if I was crying because I couldn't stand seeing Xavier like this, or couldn't bear hearing something bad happened to Ryan. The way Xavier's silence was, I could tell that it wasn't easy for him either. I felt Neil's arms wrap around me and I let myself slump down, because I could barely move a muscle. I felt paralyzed for some reason.

"Xavier, please tell me what happened to Ryan..." I pleaded once again.

It seemed like he snapped out of something, because he ran towards me and held my shoulders securely so I don't fall down on the warm sand. He ran hand trough my hair to comfort me a bit. And it actually helped. I finally gained the strength to stand on my own feet.

"We have to go home... Now." He breathed out.

"Why? What happened?" I asked again, hoping he would answer.

He sighed sadly and ran a hand trough his own hair frustratingly while he placed the other hand on his hip.

"Ryan is in the hospital." He said finally, making me gasp in horror. It felt like my whole heart just burst in my rib cage.

---

Cliffhanger again, huh?

Well, this was a short chapter and the next update will be coming soon. One question...

Neigaret? :P

Further, I'd like to thank you all for reading this and liking it. To be honest with you guys, I never imaged this story to be so good. I never thought that someone would either read or even like this story. SO A BIG THANKS TO YOU GUYS! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

-vote

-comment

-follow

-share if you can!