Day With The Devil Part 3

Word Count: 1418

Pairings: Lucifer Morningstar x reader

Warnings: none, brief angst

A/N: Feel free to drop me a request, and enjoy the story!

Summary: After a lot of discussion, (Lucifer annoying you until you caved in), you had agreed to move into his penthouse with him. He was adamant about spending as much time with you and Lucy as possible. Of course when you tell him you need to leave him alone with her for a few hours, he looks like a deer caught in headlights. You’re sure he’ll do great… you’re vaguely sure he will.

……………………………………………………

“Have you seen my phone?” You asked.

You had been searching the penthouse for nearly half an hour now but kept coming up empty. You were certain you had with you whenever you got here. Lucifer was no help, to busy messing with his own phone to pay attention.

“Mommy, Lucifer has your phone.” Lucy said from her spot on the couch.

She hadn’t yet called Lucifer dad or anything like it, much to his dismay. You assured him she would eventually, she was still getting use to actually having a father. It was new to her. Despite your reassurances he was still distraught.

“Lucifer!”

He looked up and you placed your hands on your hips raising an eyebrow.

“Why in dad’s name do you have me in your phone as a devil emoji?” He asked.

You shrugged, plucking the phone from his hands. He had been going through your contacts, adding a few and changing names. You assumed ‘feathered ass’ was Amenadiel. He was just about to change his contact when you snatched the phone back.

“Seems fitting.” You teased.

He looked at you offended you would even joke about that.

“It most certainly is not, I don’t even have horns!” He huffed.

You smiled when he glared at your phone, your smile faded however, when you saw the many missed messages from your work.

“Oh…”

You quickly grabbed your jacket, rushing towards the elevator, cursing under your breath.

“Lucifer, I have to go into work, it’ll only be for a couple of hours, I’m really sorry.”

He looked at you confused, he didn’t understand why you were apologizing. It took him a moment but when he finally realized why he quickly hurried after you. He grabbed your arm to slow you down for a moment.

“Wait, you aren’t taking Lucy with you?”

You shook your head at him as you zipped up your jacket.

“To work? No.”

He glanced at the little girl, who was too distracted by the TV to notice what was going on.

“You can’t leave her here with me, alone, darling, I haven’t the faintest idea how to look after a human child.”

You only pulled his hand from your arm. You held his hand reassuringly and gave him a quick kiss.

“Then I guess it’s a good thing she isn’t human.” You winked.

You had yet to actually tell your daughter she was a Nephilim. You figured it would be a conversation for when she was older, like a weirder more complex version the sex talk. Lucifer looked terrified at the thought of being left alone with her and you had to stifle a laugh at the fact the devil was afraid of a five-year old.