No One Said Love Was Easy

Word Count: 1602

Pairings: Lucifer Morningstar x Reader

Warnings: angst, possible trigger, mentions of abuse

A/N: Request from Deviant_and_Proud Feel free to drop me a request, and enjoy the story!

Summary: You wanted to move on, to get over him, he would never love you back. So you found someone else. But the man you were with gave you nothing but heartbreak and bruises, and you still loved the devil you could never have.

............................................................

You downed your shot as you sat in between Maze and Lucifer. You hadn't seen them in a while and you had missed them. Your boyfriend didn't like you spending very much time at Lux and so slowly, over time you went to see your friends less and less. You never argued about it because it was just the excuse you were looking for to further your attempts at getting over Lucifer.

You watched him laugh at something Maze had said and you smiled staring down at your glass. You had to remind yourself that Lucifer would never feel the same way about you. That you were wasting your time, waiting for someone that would never want you back. You tried to convince yourself the man you were with was the one you wanted to be with, but an uneasy feeling settled in your stomach. Maybe you shouldn't even be here right now.

"Where are you going?" Maze asked as you stood up.

You smiled as you slipped your jacket on, putting your phone in your pocket.

"I've got to get home, Sebastian doesn't like me being out to late."

You didn't miss the disgusted look Lucifer had, and your smile fell.

"What?"

He looked up at you, sighing slightly.

"It's just well... that boyfriend of yours isn't exactly a very good catch if I'm being blunt."

Your eyes narrowed, and you crossed your arms.

"Yeah? Well I like him, so I'd rather you didn't be blunt." You said coldly.

Maze's eyes drifted between you and Lucifer, sensing the impending argument.

"I don't see how. He's a bigger douche than Daniel is, honestly love I thought you had better taste than that." Lucifer scoffed.

You laughed in disbelief and turned around, storming out of Lux. Lucifer watched you, looking confused as to why you were so angry.

"What's got her in a fit?"

Maze raised an eyebrow.

"You're joking right?"

Lucifer looked at her expectantly and she shook her head.

"You're not joking, you seriously have no idea why you hate the guy so much?"

Lucifer shrugged.

"He's a little too much like a brother of mine, and we both know how much of a prick Seraphiel is." Lucifer said dryly.

Maze simply smirked and brought her drink to her lips.

"Really? I thought it was because he had a pretty close resemblance to you."

Lucifer looked mortified and offended by that.

~

You kicked your shoes off by the door as you finally arrived at your apartment.