Baby Caution

Word Count: 1288

Pairings: Lucifer Morningstar x Reader

Warnings: fluff, tiniest bits of angst

A/N: Request from anonymous

Summary: You had expected him to go somewhat overboard with your first pregnancy, it was his first child after all. You expected maybe a little fussing over your wellbeing. You did not, however, expect the amount of worrying and coddling the devil had for you now.

....................................................................

Your morning started like it usually did since your stomach had extended.

Rough.

You managed to get out of bed with a bit of effort, seven months along certainly limited your mobility. You made it to the bathroom just before you emptied the contents of your stomach from the day before. The morning sickness was your least favorite part of it all.

"Toast?"

You turned your head to look at the man who put you in this situation, the reason it was becoming more difficult to see your own feet, your ever so loving husband, Lucifer.

"Toast." You nodded.

Lucifer gave you a sympathetic smile as he walked back out of the room. You weren't all that hungry to be honest, but you knew you needed to eat and you figured toast was the safest bet. It wasn't as though Lucifer would let you miss a meal either way.

You waddled to the couch after vigorously brushing your teeth and you sighed as you fell back onto the leather cushions. Lucifer eyed you carefully from where he was buttering your toast and you gave him a small smile. He'd hardly left you alone since you began to show, he'd even blown Chloe off a few times simply because you'd mentioned having a headache. While you loved your husband dearly, he was becoming a bit... overwhelming.

"Do you need anything else love?" He asked you sweetly as he handed you the plate.

You immediately sat it on top of your enlarged stomach, smiling a little.

"For you to go to work." You gave him a pointed look.

Lucifer frowned, shaking his head as he sat beside you.

"I've already told the Detective-"

"Not that job, your other one, at Lux? The one you've been leaving to your overwhelmed manager."

He sighed, his leg bouncing a little as he thought for a moment. You watched him as you munched on your toast, awaiting to see what his excuse would be this time.

"Very well..."

You stopped chewing, looking at him with clear shock. He hadn’t agreed that easily in months and now you were a little suspicious. You swallowed your mouth full of food as you handed him the now empty plate.

"That was easy... too easy..."

Lucifer chuckled, gently brushing crumbs from your stomach. His hand lingered though, and he looked content, bring a smile to your lips.

"If I argue, you may stress and I've read that's not good for expecting mothers." He explained.

You laughed lightly, placing your hand over his.

"I thought I hid all those books?" You teased.

He rolled his eyes a bit, and you laughed more. You had actually hidden all the parenting books he got, he'd become a little to diligent in taking their advice.