Even If I Can't See It

Word Count: 1455

Pairings: Lucifer Morningstar x Blind Reader

Warnings: fluff, just pure fluff, a brief mention of blood

A/N: Request from WereAllStrange happy you got a new account, and sorry to hear about your old one!

Summary: You may not have been able to see all the things Lucifer did for you, but that didn't stop you from noticing them. You wanted to surprise him, and show him you how much you appreciated him. It doesn't go quite as planned.

............................................................

You had heard the front door open, heard the footsteps that drew closer. However, you were simply to focused on your current task to care, or acknowledge your visitor.

"Y/N darling are you h- oh bloody hell, not again."

Lucifer watched you with an exasperated expression as you stood on top of the kitchen counter.

"Dare I ask?"

You looked over at where you heard his voice, a sheepish smile on your face.

"I was putting something away."

Lucifer watched you apprehensively, afraid if he took his eyes off you, you might fall.

"On top of the cupboard?" He questioned.

You slowly turned around, trying to remember where the stool you had used was. Your careful movements were in vain as you misjudged how much room you had. Stepping to far over the edge of the counter, you let out a yelp as you fell. You waited for the impact of hitting the ground, but it never came.

"Honestly, how you survived so long without me I'll never know."

He sounded much closer now, and you realized he had caught you. You lightly ran your hands over his face, smiling a little. Lucifer smiled as well, letting your fingers trace the outline of his face, this was how you saw him, and he didn't mind letting you.

"Your scruff seems shorter." You noted.

He chuckled, setting you on your feet.

"Yes well I shaved this morning."

His gaze shifted to where you had been standing.

"What were you doing up there?"

"Nothing!" You said a little too fast.

He glanced at you, your glossy eyes stared unseeing at his lips. You looked nervous, worried he would keep prying.

"We were going shopping yes?"

You breathed a quiet sigh of relief, happy that he decided not to question you any further.

"Yes, I need to get a few things." You muttered, thinking of the list in your mind.

Lucifer grabbed your hand, placing it on his arm. You smiled, wrapping your arm around his as he led you out the door.

~

Lucifer loved you, really he did, but you were a handful sometimes. He had lost sight of you in the crowded streets. You had let go of his arm, and then you were gone. He anxiously looked around, mostly glancing towards the street in hopes you hadn't wondered into traffic.

'How did I lose an entire person? A blind person!' Lucifer thought.

The sound of your laughter pulled him from his thoughts, and he followed the sound of your voice. He let out a relieved sigh when he saw you sitting beside a homeless man, chatting as though you had known him forever.