Live For You Part 2

Word Count: 831

Pairings: Lucifer Morningstar  x Reader

Warnings: angst, possible trigger, hurt and comfort

A/N: Request from DianeSoutherland, feel free to drop me a request, and enjoy the story!

Summary: You promised you'd live for him, but you're terrified, and you're trying so hard not to let it show.

............................................................

You dragged your IV pole along with you as you walked. Once your condition got worse, Lucifer insisted you move into the penthouse, so he could keep an eye on you. Lucifer said only the best doctors would do for you, and you kept having to tell him that Linda wasn't that kind of doctor. So, he hired various doctors that came to regularly check on you and you now had to be on an IV 24/7.  Lucifer had already set up your surgery, and now all that was left to do was to wait.

You hated it.

The more you waited the more anxious you became. The more you stressed, and the sicker you felt. You felt so helpless so weak, you hated it, hated yourself. In a fury you threw your glass cup into the wall, it shattered on impact, spewing glass everywhere. You stared at the mess, feeling guilty for destroying Lucifer's property. The elevator chimed as the doors slid open.

"Y/N, I've just found the most wonderful-"

'Speak of the devil.' You thought, laughing to yourself bitterly.

Lucifer's eyes landed on the mess and then on your upset expression. He sat the bag he was carrying down and walked over to you.

"Did you drop your drink?"

You stared at him with eyes void of emotion.

"No."

Lucifer approached you slowly, and you suddenly hated that he treated you so delicately.

"Are you alright darling? Do you need me to call one of your doctors?"

You laughed dryly, pulling away from him. Lucifer frowned as you picked at some lint on your jeans.

"One of my doctors, that's depressing, isn't it? Having more than one."

You grabbed your IV pole, pulling it along as you turned away from him.

"They're just there to help you, if you'd rather have one, I can take care of that."

You knew he was trying to cheer you up or to help to keep you at ease, but it only made you angrier.

"I don't want them! Any of them! I don't want to stay up here because I can't go around people. I don't want this thing in my arm, pulling this fucking pole around with me all day! I don't want to die! I don't want to wait for a surgery that every day is making me more nervous!"

Lucifer opened his mouth to respond but you weren't about to listen to anyone trying to calm you down.

"It hurts and I want to die!"

Lucifer looked at you heartbroken and you had to sit down, suddenly feeling to dizzy. Your nose gushed blood and you cursed for putting your body under so much stress. Lucifer sat down beside you and ignored your protest as he held his  handkerchief to your nose. Neither of you spoke as you waited for your nose to stop bleeding. Once he was sure it stopped he discarded his now ruined handkerchief to the side and helped you clean the blood from your face.

"Lucifer... I didn't mean to yell at you like that... I'm not mad at you I-"

He waved a hand dismissively.

"I know my dear, it's alright. I'm not offended if that's what you're worried about."

You nodded slowly and Lucifer's smile disappeared.

"Y/N, you're crying! Did I say something wrong?"

You shook your head, offering him a small smile. He only looked confused.

"Then why are you crying?"

You laughed at his horrible ability to pick up on human emotions.

"Shut up, just hug me."

Lucifer didn't question you pulling you into his arms. He was like your security blanket always holding you when the world around you felt like it was collapsing.

"You're one hell of a devil, Lucifer. I'd be dead without you."

Lucifer kissed the top of your head, smiling.

"I couldn't possibly let you die darling, Father doesn't deserve you."

You laughed slightly and he held you tighter. You giggled a little when Lucifer carefully tried to untangle his arm from your IV line. He cursed under his breath whenever he couldn't get it. You sat up slightly, effortlessly moving it out of the way. Lucifer gave you a bright smile.

"Besides, I'd be lost without you."

You bit your lip, grabbing his shirt in your hands.

"You'll be there... after I wake up right?"

You had never felt more vulnerable  then you did at this moment. You dreaded his answer, even though you knew he would never let you go through this a lone.

"I'd be in the room with you if I could, but I believe that's frowned upon." Lucifer joked.

He was trying to lightened the mood and he succeeded, because you didn't feel as tense anymore.

"Don't worry my dear, after all this is over, all you'll have to worry about is if I'll ever let you leave."

You felt your exhaustion slowly eating away at your consciousness. You smiled tiredly.

"Then I guess I have nothing to worry about."