His Other Side

Word Count: 1050

Pairings: Lucifer Morningstar x Reader

Warnings: angst, fluff, comfort fluff

A/N: Request from anonymous

Summary: He'd been acting strange all night, certainly not his usual social self. You were worried but to preoccupied making sure his party was going alright to confront him. Until you saw him sneaking away.
............................................................

This wasn't your idea of a fun night, surrounded by people, bumping into strangers, but you went along with it anyway. You kept busy though, helping some of the servers hand out drinks, or replacing snacks when rations were running low. However, your gaze would always wander back to your boyfriend.

It was a well-known fact that Lucifer loved to have parties. He prided himself on his reputation for always throwing the greatest parties. This one should have been no different. The increasingly outgoing devil had even closed down Lux for this private party, which you had told him was pointless with how many uninvited guests had shown up. 

Lucifer being Lucifer had merely brushed off your response and proclaimed loudly over the music.

'The more the merrier!'

That had earned him a round of cheers from the increasing crowd, and an eye roll from yourself, but at least he was having a good time. Or so, you had thought. As the night went on, you noticed he looked a little less happy, looking around as if searching for an escape. 

"Y/N?"

You turned your head a moment to give Linda, who you had been in engaged in a conversation with, a quick glance. Your attention was quickly drawn back to Lucifer's retreating form. He was leaving his own party.

The Lucifer Morningstar, was bailing on a party. Something was definitely wrong.

"Can you excuse me for a moment, I need to check on Lucifer."

She smiled a little, nodding as you slipped away. He had already disappeared from sight when you finally managed to get through the dense crowd of people. You suspected he had most likely gone up to penthouse.

~

"Lucifer?" 

Everything was dark when you stepped out of the penthouse, and there was no sign of Lucifer. Your steps were cautious, and slow as you ventured further into the dark room.

"Just need a moment darling, I'll be down soon."

You saw his silhouette by the fireplace, but couldn't make out much more. His voice sounded strained, and you took a few more steps into the penthouse, drawing closer to him.

"Stop!"

His voice was loud and stern, freezing you to your spot. He'd never yelled at you before, not like that.

"Lucifer, what's wrong."

You half expected him not to reply, and the short silence that followed your question only reassuring your assumption. But then he did and his voice was so quiet you almost didn't hear him.

"Go back to the party, I'll join you just as soon as I can."

You frowned, slowly approaching his dark figure, that sat in the light less room.