How The Night Ends

Word Count: 1115

Pairings: Lucifer Morningstar x Reader

Warnings: fluff, that's it, pure sickening cute fluff

A/N: Requested from anonymous

Summary: This was going to be a big night. Everything was about to change and it all depended on what you said next. Of course you had no idea any of this was about to happen.

.............................................................

You practically tore apart your living room, searching desperately for your lost necklace. Lucifer had planned a lovely evening for the two of you, and you wanted to look nice. The handsome angel always took you to restaurants that were far above anything you could ever afford. In turn, you always tried to look as nice as possible for those special nights.

However, he loved to spoil you whenever he could, while you had stated many times you were fine doing simple things with him, he insisted that every now and then you let him express how much he adored you. You couldn't refuse him that, not with how he asked. So every month he'd take you to the most extravagant restaurant, he could find, and you'd eat food you'd never heard of.

~

Lucifer stood outside your door, staring at the wood with uncharacteristic nervousness. This wasn't the first time he'd come to whisk you away for a romantic evening. Tonight though, it was different, everything was different. He reached a hand out, knocking softly on your door.

The door opened and there you stood. Your outfit fit you like it was made for you. You seemed to glow, and he caught himself staring. You pulled your bottom lip between your teeth, biting at it with an anxious look in your eyes.

"I can change... I mean if I need to put on something fancier that is." You offered quietly.

"Nonsense, you look perfect." He smiled.

His usual charming self seemed to return, and he extended his arm for you to take. With a small smile you grabbed your jacket, and took his arm, closing the door behind you. Lucifer led you to the car, holding the door open for you.

The car ride was filled with silence, which was unusual for the rather chatty devil, but you barely noticed. You were to focused on the fact that Lucifer was adamantly refusing to tell you where he was taking you. That was new, as he normally told you all about the restaurants he took you to, telling you which dishes were best and when the best times to go were.

"Have we been to it before?" You asked.

It was like playing twenty questions, but without being answered.

"Yes, I suppose we have, many times." Lucifer mused.

That left you even more confused than before, Lucifer never took you to the same place twice. He claimed it was because he wanted you to experience new things with him. Your questions ceased, and you enjoyed the rest of the ride in silence.

~

When he pulled up to a small bakery, located in a small LA neighborhood you were confused. While you loved this place very much, as it served not only your favorite dessert but was where you had first met Lucifer, you didn't understand why you were there. The humble bakery wasn't even open this late, yet the lights were on, and you saw a few people still inside.

"I think I'm a little over dressed for this." You said as he opened the car door for you.

"Oh I disagree my dear, this is a special night after all."

He smiled as the two of you approached the door.

"Special night?" You muttered.

You immediately racked your brain for what that might be. An anniversary? A celebration? You didn't know.

When you entered the shop though, your wandering thoughts grew silent, and you stared in awe at the scene before you. A small table was set with a pristine white table cloth. A small candelabra in the center of the table, the candles emitting a soft glow over the table. The two plates of food set on the table looked as delicious as the sweet desserts beside them.

"Shall we sit down darling?"

You wordlessly nodded, still to surprised by all of this to form any coherent words. Lucifer pulled the chair out for you, and you thanked him as you sat down.

~

The night seemed to fly by, filled with your laughter and the conversations that never seemed to end. As the candles grew smaller, and it became later and later you noticed Lucifer growing more and more nervous. He'd begun to fidget in his chair, and you began to suspect something was amiss.

"Lucifer, is everything alright? You've been acting a little... off tonight."

He gave you a smile that you felt was more for himself than for you. He reached across the table, grasping your hands in his.

"Well actually love, I've been meaning to ask you this for quite some time now."

You furrowed your eyebrows a bit in confusion and his hands tightened around yours ever so slightly.

"This last year with you has been wonderful, and I've truly enjoyed every moment of it... but I fear it's just not enough for me anymore."

Your heart sunk a little and you fought down the pressure you felt building in your chest. But then he let go of your hands, and he pulled out a little velvet box, and this time your heart stopped for an entirely different reason. Lucifer got on one knee, opening the box to reveal a beautiful diamond ring.

"Y/N, you are the only one I've ever considered asking this, and I have been around for a very, very long time."

Your breath caught in your throat.

"Will you marry me?"

You stared at him, your mouth moving but no words coming out. You just stared in disbelief, briefly glancing over to the bakery employees that had stayed late for the two of you. They were watching both of you intently.

"I'm not trying to rush you my dear, but prehaps you could say something? Anything really."

Lucifer's nervous voice drew your attention back to him, and this time you felt the need to cry for an entirely different reason.

"Yes..."

Your voice was so quiet, so soft, he had trouble hearing you but his expression turned hopeful.

"Yes?" He repeated.

You nodded, letting out a small laugh through your tears.

"Yes, of course I'll marry you."

Lucifer stood quickly, gathering you into his arms, kissing you fiercely. You were vaguely aware of the bakery employees cheering and the flash of a camera going off. When the two of you pulled away your hair was a little messed up, but your smile was wide. Lucifer slipped the ring onto your finger, and you stared at it a moment.

"Y/N Morningstar, I like it." You smiled.

Lucifer chuckled, pulling you close for another kiss.

"Certainly has a nice ring to it doesn't it my love?" He smiled.