Don't Be Afraid Of Me

Word Count: 855

Pairings: Lucifer Morningstar x Reader

Warnings: angst, fluff

A/N: Request from nia___chww

Summary: Nothing hurt worse then to see the fear in your eyes when you looked at him. The way you flinched away from his touch, made him instantly regret his words and actions.

............................................................

Raised voices and screamed insults filled the penthouse. You couldn't even remember when you and Lucifer had begun to argue, all you knew is neither of you were backing down. Your voices gradually rose and rose until both of you were screaming at each other in blind rage.

"This is utterly ridiculous! I've got things to do, can't this wait!" Lucifer hissed.

"Excuse me for just wanting five minutes alone with you! Every time I try to plan anything with you, try to just have a second to talk to you, you're always rushing off to the next crime scene. The next case! You're gone before I wake, and you're never here when I go to bed!"

Lucifer narrowed his eyes at you, and you meant his glare with your own anger filled eyes.

"I give you attention! I answer every one of your calls, every one of your numerous texts!" He snapped.

You felt the strong urge to throw something, instead you settled for taking a step towards him. Lucifer saw the not so subtle challenge, and he stood up straighter, watching you with fury in his eyes.

"That's not the same! I don't want to hear your voice over the phone or read 'I love you' through empty words on a screen! Lucifer this is the first time in three weeks I've talked to you to your face!"

He scoffed rolling his eyes and you choked down a frustrated scream at his disregard for anything you were saying.

"You are acting like a child! A spoiled little brat!" He roared.

You jerked back slightly when he took a step towards you. He noticed and gave you a dry smile.

"Where did all that fight go darling? Are you going to run with your tail tucked between your legs?"

"I just wanted five minutes Lucifer, I didn't want an argument." You muttered.

He laughed loudly, but it was a humorless laugh that sounded hollow.

"What a shame! It seems you didn't get what you desired my dear. If you didn't want a fight maybe you shouldn't have started one!" He yelled.

He didn't notice the tears in your eyes, and he raised a hand to run it through his hair in frustration. When he saw you flinch from the corner of his eye, his heart sank. He realized how that must have looked to you.

"Y/N, I wasn't-"

He reached a hand out to you, but let it drop to his side when your body jerked away from his touch.

"Don't... please..."

You walked away from him, heading towards the balcony, blinking away tears. Lucifer watched you, hating himself for scaring you. He knew about how you were with violence how long it had taken you to recover from the bruises your father had left you.

He watched you lean against the railing on the balcony, head hanging low as you stared out at the city below you. He noticed you reach a hand up to wipe away tears and sighed. He hesitated a moment before, leaving.

~

You heard the doors open and close, and you cried freely once you were alone. Maybe it would have been best if you had just left well enough alone, even if it meant you didn't see him. At least then he wouldn't be so angry with you, or worse, hate you.

You cried until your throat was raw, and you cried until you had no tears left to shed. Once you had cried all you could, you turned around to walk back inside, freezing when you saw Lucifer stepping out of the elevator with a bag on his hand.

"It's for you." He said when he saw you look at the bag.

He held it out for you but you hesitated to walk near him. Lucifer noticed and his heart sank even further. He walked towards you, noticing the apprehension in your misty eyes.

"I would never strike you love, please believe me, I had no intention of scaring you like that."

You said nothing, but did accept the bag from his out stretched hand. He gave you a small smile, and you looked inside. It was filled with your favorite snacks, your favorite books, and favorite drink. Lucifer watched you set the bag on the floor, and he opened his mouth to try to convince you he was sincere again. To his surprise you hugged him before he could even get a single word out.

"I'm sorry."

Lucifer stood there for a few seconds, shocked before he placed his hands on your shoulders, pulling back to look at you confused.

"Whatever for? You have no reason to apologize." Lucifer frowned.

"I could have handled that better, could have screamed less." You shrugged.

Lucifer pulled you back into a hug and kissed the top of your head.

"You have no reason to apologize love, you were right, and I'm so sorry I made you fear me, that was never my intention."

You smiled, laying your head against his chest.

"I'm not afraid of you Lucifer, I still trust you, and I still love you."