A Broken Heart

Word Count: 1470

Pairings: Platonic, Lucifer Morningstar x Reader

Warnings: angst, possible trigger, sad fluff

A/N: request from Ray_Abercrombie, I know you can die from a broken heart, it's called Broken Heart Syndrome, however in this story you can not lol.

Summary: This hadn't been in your plans, it had brutally blindsided you. You wanted to be stressed about what food to serve, what flowers to order, whether or not the cake would be done in time. Not the sudden feeling of loneliness you now had.

............................................................

Your vision was blurry and your eyes stained tears as you stood in the elevator. Your dress clung to your body in the most uncomfortable way, wet from the wine that had been spilt on it. As the numbers on the elevator rose, and you drew closer to your destination, you hastily wiped your tears away. As the doors slid open, you found yourself wishing you had just went home instead.

Your eyes were red and irritated from the salty tears, your dress stained and ruined. You looked like a mess, and Lucifer seeing you like this was suddenly the last thing you wanted. He had been the first person you wanted to see when the whole situation had happened. Now he was the last. You turned at the last possible second, intent on leaving before he even realized you were there.

"Y/N!"

Too late.

"Just a moment my dear, I can't seem to find my phone."

He hadn't fully looked at you, not yet, hadn't seen how a mess you were.

"You... you don't need to pay for the wedding anymore."

You kept your voice even, trying not to let on that you had been crying.

"This again? I thought we've talked about this my dear, I'm aware I don't need to, I want to." Lucifer chuckled.

"No, that's not what I mean-"

"Finally! I've been searching for this little bugger for fifteen minutes now!"

He turned around, a triumphant smile on his face, as he held his phone in his hand. His smile however, vanished almost instantly upon finally seeing you.

"You look awful."

His response was blunt and obvious, and for whatever reason it brought on a fresh wave of tears. Lucifer panicked, looking increasingly more uncomfortable seeing your tears.

"Oh dear, I'm sorry, I hadn't meant to upset you I was-"

"He left me dad."

Your voice was so fragile, so devastated that Lucifer felt his heartbreak. He stood there confused and concerned.

"What?"

"He left me, he wouldn't tell me why, did I do something wrong? Was I not good enough?"

Sobs shook your body, and Lucifer hurried over to you. He pulled you into a tight embrace, not caring that your tears were soaking his shirt.

"Oh my angel no, if anything you were to perfect for him." Lucifer muttered.

He felt rage surge through his veins, and all the ways he could make your ex- fiancé suffer rushed through his mind. However, when he heard a tiny almost inaudible cry escape your lips, he pushed all thoughts that didn't focus on you out of his mind. He realized, with a heavy heart that you were trying to force yourself to stop crying.