Out Of The Blue

Word Count: 1770

Pairings: Lucifer Morningstar x Reader

Warnings: fluff, mentions of sex, tiny bit of angst

A/N: Request from harmonizerfan101

Part 2 of 'I'll Let You Go' will be posted tomorrow evening!

Summary: When Lucifer finds you laying unconscious on the beach he's at first concerned, but it doesn't take long for him to discover what you are, and when he does his concern turns into fascination.

............................................................

The sky was cloudless as Lucifer walked the shores of the beach. His suit jacket slung over his shoulder as he glanced towards the ocean. The water was black and eerie looking as it reflected off the night sky. As he looked back ahead, something caught his eye. Lucifer stopped for a minute to stare at the shape, the longer he stared the clearer it became. It was a woman, laying unconscious in the sand, the ocean water gently lapping at your feet.

"Oh dear."

Lucifer slowly approached you, looking around to see if anyone was lingering by. When he could see no one he turned his attention back to you. You looked peaceful, laying in the sand as if you were sleeping, the cut on the side of your head, and the blood dried on your temple said otherwise though. Lucifer laid his jacket over you, and checked you for a pulse. He was relieved to find one and gathered you into his arms. Your hair was wet, dripping with salt water, and sand clung to your body.

"And just what happened to you my dear?"

~

The first thing you noticed when you woke up was the silk sheets you were laying on. The second was the dull ache you felt in your head. As your eyes opened, and you sat up, your vision cleared, and you took note that you were no longer on the beach. When you glanced down at your body, you were also surprised to find yourself wearing clothes. You frowned a little, pulling at the shirt you were wearing.

"Oh good you're awake!"

You were immediately on guard, turning to look at the man standing by the door.

"How's your head feeling? That was a nasty little cut you had."

You slowly raised a hand to your head, finding a gauze over where your injury had been.

"Better."

Your answer was short but that didn't seem to bother him.

"Marvelous! I apologize for the clothes, I wasn't able to find anything more comfortable on such short notice, but not to worry, I've sent Maze out for more."

You nodded and slowly stood from the bed. You followed him out to the living room. Looking around the penthouse in awe. The man sat a glass down in front of you, pouring you a drink. You watched him take a sip from his own cup, before gingerly picking up your own. The smell of the strange beverage in front of you, made you scrunch your nose up slightly.

"Not a fan of bourbon? Would you like something else, I've got plenty of others to choose from my dear."

"No, this is fine." You smiled.

He nodded and watched as you sat the drink down, untouched and began to wander around. The piano seemed to hold your interest the longest, and he watched you run your fingers over the keys.

"Do you play?" Lucifer asked.

Your hand froze, fingers hovering over the keys and you smiled to yourself. A cunning smile, that probably should have worried him, but only served to make him curious.