A Sleepness Night

Word Count: 600

Pairings: Lucifer Morningstar x Reader

Warnings: none really, just insomnia, so possible trigger I guess? Oh and fluff!

A/N: Requested from Anonymous, Happy New Year everyone!🥳

Summary: A million thoughts ran through your mind, keeping you awake, chasing away your sleep. No matter how quiet you tried to be, the empty spot you'd left on the bed   woke him, and he did his best to quiet your mind, and lull you to sleep.

............................................................

You stared at the ceiling, the room softly illuminated from the many lights of the city. Your hands laid across your stomach, resting over the silk blanket pulled over your body. The steady breathing of the man next to you the only sound in the otherwise quiet room.

You turned your head to glance at the clock on the nightstand. The red letters brightly taunting you as they flashed the time.

4 a.m.

Slowly you exhaled, turning your attention back to the ceiling, just for a few more minutes. As it became clear you most likely were not going to sleep tonight you carefully slipped from underneath the covers. You sat on the edge of the bed, just for a moment, watching Lucifer, making sure your movements hadn't woken him.

Satisfied that he seemed to be still soundly asleep, you stood, quietly making your way across the room, and down the stone stairs.

'Maybe a drink?' You thought to yourself.

Your eyes fell onto the shelves of alcohol for a moment before shaking your head. That wasn't going to help tonight, but some fresh air might.

~

He had reached out for you, intending to pull you close, but found he was grabbing at air. Confused and a little worried he sat up, looking at the spot you once occupied. Lucifer sat up, running a hand over his face as he attempted to shake some of the sleep off. His eyes looked around the room, but you were no where to be found.

"Y/N?"

He received no response, and so he swung his legs over the side of the bed, standing. The floor was cold on his feet as he left the comfort of the bedroom, searching for where you had disappeared to.

"Darling are you here?"

His shoulders dropped a little in relief when he found you, sitting curled up on the little love seat on the balcony, looking at the sky. Lucifer approached you slowly, hoping not to startle you.

"Isn't it a little early to be awake? The sun won't be up for a few more hours and I know the early bird catches the worm and all that, but my dear this may be a bit earlier than they meant."

You turned your head to look at him, smiling a little.

"I haven't slept yet."

That was nothing new, you often had trouble sleeping, spending many nights wandering around the penthouse or simply laying in bed, wide awake.

"Sorry if I woke you."

Lucifer grabbed the blanket from the back of the couch inside, walking back out onto the balcony.

"Nonsense, I just missed you in bed was all, move over a bit would you my dear?"

You scooted forward a little, and Lucifer sat behind you, pulling you back against his chest. He draped the blanket over the two of you, resting his chin on the top of your head as he wrapped his arms around your stomach. Your hands rested over his as you stared at the LA sky.

"You don't need to stay up with me Luc." You murmured.

"I know, but I want too." He smiled.

Not much else was said after that, Lucifer held you in his arms, as you gazed at the stars. The calming view, and the warmth of his arms wrapped around you was like a silent lullaby slowly pulling you into peaceful slumber. As your breath evened out and your eyes drifted close, you felt him press a kiss to the top of your head.

"Sweet dreams my love."