Rockabye

Word Count: 700

Pairings:  Lucifer Morningstar x Reader

Warnings: tiniest bit of angst, fluff, just pure fluff

A/N: request from Adira_Secrets

Summary: You were so used to waking up to the little cries of your newborn, so used to being jerked awake by the sounds coming through the baby monitor. Tonight however you woke for an entirely different reason, you woke because you didn't hear the cries, and nothing had worried you more.

............................................................

An uneasy feeling settled over you as you tiredly opened your eyes. For a moment you couldn't understand why you had been lulled from your sleep so suddenly. You sat up, unfocused eyes looking around the bedroom as you waited for the confusion to fade away. Your eyes lazily drifted to the clock on the nightstand and suddenly you didn't feel so sleepy. It was three a.m. which meant you had slept a solid four hours.

'Wait... that can't be right...'

That wouldn't be so concerning if not for the fact that you had a three-week-old baby, who required almost hourly feedings. You quickly looked at the baby monitor, the little green light showing it was in fact on. There was the next problem though, why hadn't you heard your baby's cries?

You threw the covers off your body in a panic and rushed out of the bedroom. Completely missing the fact that the spot on the bed next to you had been empty. The floor felt cool against your bare feet, and the sound of your hurried footsteps could barely be heard in the large space. You had been expecting the worst when you reached the baby's room, expecting your whole world to come crashing down. However, the sight before you was a pleasant surprise.

"For such a small creature you have quite a set of lungs on you don't you?"

Lucifer was sitting in the rocking chair by the crib. His hair was a mess and his robe hung open as he sat in his underwear. Yet in his hands he held your son so delicately, as if he were afraid he would crush him. His thumb was softly rubbing the tiny infants cheek, as he stared at him with a smile. He didn't seem to have noticed you yet, and you let your eyes drift around the nursery for a moment. Two empty bottles sat on a little table, and you noticed a burp cloth slung lazily over the side of the crib.

"Just for tonight, we'll let your mother sleep." Lucifer muttered.

A smile pulled at your lips, and you leaned against the doorway to watch them. Lucifer, although a wonderful father wasn't very keen on changing diapers or waking up at all hours of the night to feed the baby. The fact that he was doing this now meant the world to you.

"Oh dear, now what is it?"

Hearing that you were pulled from your thoughts. Damien had started fussing, wriggling a little in his father's hold. Lucifer stood up, his back to you as he held the baby to his chest, bouncing him a little.

"Honestly how Y/N does this every night, I'll never know, you're quite a demanding little spawn aren't you?"

The unmistakable sound of a baby spitting up could be heard in the brief silence and you placed a hand to your mouth to quiet your laughter. Lucifer's entire body went rigid, and he held the baby away from his body a little. A disgusted look on his face.

"Oh bloody hell..."

You were about to make your presence known so, you could take the baby and let him clean himself up. Before you could though, Lucifer grabbed several baby wipes, awkwardly cleaning himself up as he cradled Damien in his free arm.

"I have fed you, cleaned your horrid smelling diapers, and you thank me by vomiting on me, lovely. " Lucifer muttered.

With a dejected sigh he settled back into the chair, his eyes never once leaving his son. He was muttering under his breath as he carefully cleaned Damien's face. When his son grasped his finger, sucking on it, Lucifer's expression softened.

"Well... I suppose you're not all bad are you?"

You slipped away, a content smile on your face as you walked back to bed. Lucifer walked in not long after, and nearly collapsed onto the bed beside you. You rolled over curling up against him.

"Get some sleep papa bear, I'll wake up with him next time."

Lucifer gave you a tired smile, wrapping his arms around you, to pull you closer.