But I'm Weak

Word Count: 775

Pairings: Lucifer Morningstar x Reader

Warnings: language, mild angst

A/N: Request from Adira_Secrets ,Feel free to drop me a request and enjoy the story! Song is 'Weak by AJR'

Summary: How many times had you heard how bad he was for you? How many people told you to stay away, or to stay strong? But you were weak, and what's wrong with that?

............................................................

"I'll go get you a drink."

Lucifer nodded, watching you walk towards the bar once you had pulled away from him. He kept his eyes on you until you were out of sight, he always felt worried something would happen if you weren't by his side. You nodded to the bartender once you finally reached the bar.

"Excuse me."

You turned your head to look at the woman next to you. She was a gorgeous woman, long, flowing hair, and perfect makeup. You gave her a polite smile.

"Yes?"

She looked around, as if she was about to tell you a secret.

"Are you dating Lucifer Morningstar?"

"Yes?"

She gave you a look that was clearly pitying you and you frowned.

"He's a player you really should be careful around him."

You gave her a tight smile and grabbed your drink.

"Thanks for the advice but I'm good."

You walked away from her, slipping through the crowds of people as you made your way back over to Lucifer.

"Is everything alright love?"

You handed him the drink, the words that woman had said already pushed to the back of your mind.

"Yep."

~

You flipped through the magazine you had found on Lucifer's coffee table. You were waiting for him to get out of the shower when you heard the elevator doors slide open.
You tilted your head back to see who it was.

"Oh you're here, wonderful."

Lucifer's mom stepped out of the elevator giving you a dry look. You just shrugged, resuming your uninterested reading. She never liked you but you never really cared about that.

"Tell me does my son's charms work on you?"

"You mean can he do that 'What do you desire most' thing to me? Yes."

Charlotte placed her hands on her hips.

"Well you're not that extraordinary are you?"

You sighed, closing the magazine.

"Your point?" You sounded bored and that only seemed to anger her.

"Well if you can't even resist his little charms then I wouldn't say you're a very strong human, are you? Not very special."

You stood up, narrowing your eyes, you opened your mouth to say something but Lucifer walked out of the bedroom.

"Are you ready to go darling?"

He looked up from fixing his cuffs and raised an eyebrow when he saw his mother.

"Mum, what are you doing here?"

She smiled walking over to him, you rolled your eyes as you stood beside him.

"Well I was hoping to talk to you for a moment."

Lucifer glanced down at his watch, and grabbed your wrist.

"I would love to mother, but we are late, I promised Y/N a lovely dinner this evening. I'll be sure to call you later."

Charlotte stood there fuming while Lucifer pulled you into the elevator. You smirked flipping her off as the doors were closing. Lucifer raised an eyebrow and you shrugged.

"She hates me, I'm just returning the sentiment."

He chuckled kissing the top of your head.

~

Your blood was boiling, and you were biting your tongue to keep from lashing out. Charlotte was laying into you again but this time she had somehow gotten Amenadiel involved.

"Mom isn't wrong Y/N, Lucifer's charms can be very swaying."

You shot him a glare, and he cleared his throat. Charlotte smiled smugly and you couldn't bite back your words at what she said next.

"You don't love my son, not really, you've just fallen for his charms. You're weak."

Even Amenadiel seemed to think she crossed a line with the look he gave her.

"Mother!"

Lucifer walked into the room, staring at his mother in disbelief. His eyes flashed red as he glared at her. Charlotte looked like a deer caught in headlights, and started tripping over her words to try and explain herself.

"How dare you even assume such a thing about Y/N! To think you when stand there and call her weak-"

"And what's wrong with that?"

Charlotte looked at you frowning.

"I should have said no thank you? Shouldn't have kissed him? Maybe you're right, I should have stayed strong, but I'm weak, and there's nothing wrong with that."

You walked over to Lucifer, turning your glare back on Charlotte.

"And guess what, I love that I fell for him, if it means that I'm weak, then I'm fine with that."

Lucifer smiled at you proudly, and you linked your arm with his.

"Want to go see what Chloe's having for dinner?"

He chuckled walking with you to the elevator.

"I'd love to darling."

"Lucifer! You couldn't possibly take this little imp's side over mine!"

You sent Charlotte a wink, flashing her the devil horns symbol with your hand, as you two walked away.