The Devil's Heart

Word Count: 1615

Pairings: none

Warnings: angst, fluff, mentions of drug use, verbal abuse

A/N: Request from PrincessPeach211

Summary: He'd kept you hidden from the rest of the world, of at the very least tried to. He'd do anything to protect you, and if he could he would give you the world.

............................................................

You clung to Lucifer's leg, eyes watering as you stood outside the door to the grand mansion in front of you. Although it was beautiful and enchanting, nothing but horrible memories filled the dreary place.

"Why can't I stay with you?"

Lucifer felt his chest tighten as he looked down at his daughter. He wanted nothing more than to take you with him, take you away from a mother who ran to the bottle and spent most of her time with a needle in her arm. However, she came from money, came from a family of lawyers and judges, and he was lucky he even had any custody rights to you.

"I'm afraid it's just the way it has to be right now, but I will see you next weekend." He smiled sadly.

You grabbed his pant leg tighter, and turned your head when you heard the front door open. Your mother stood on the other side, her hair and makeup perfect as always and her expression cold and dead.

"You're late." She snapped.

She grabbed your arm, jerking you away from your father as she pulled you inside. Lucifer's anger flared, and he placed a hand on the door, preventing her from closing it.

"Let me remind you that if I find one mark, even the tiniest scratch on Y/N, I will be coming after you." Lucifer warned lowly.

Your mother stepped back, a brief look of fear flashing across her face. She quickly closed the door, and Lucifer sighed.

~

Lucifer had spent the following week living his life like he usually did. He'd try to call, to talk to you, to check on you but as always your mother would say you were fine and hang up before he could say anything more.

"Dreadful woman." He scowled as he stared at his phone.

Lucifer slipped his phone back into the inner pocket of his suit jacket and turned to walk into the precinct. He was unaware of what was really going on, or why your mother was so eager to get him off the phone.

You watched your mother tie the belt around her arm. Although you were still too young to understand what she was doing you knew it wasn't good. You watched her put the needle in her arm and slowly push the plunger down. When she saw you looking she motioned for you to leave with a scowl on her face. You did so without arguing. If you had tried to she probably would have yelled at you again.

'If I'm quite then mommy is happy, if mommy is happy she won't hate me.'

It's what you told yourself every day, in hopes that eventually your mother would stop telling you how she despised you. Or that is was your fault Lucifer didn't want to be with her anymore. However, as the hours dragged on, and the sky got darker and darker you began to worry.

Where was your mom? Why haven't you seen her?

"Mommy?"

You took a cautious step into the living room, the marble floors felt cool on your tiny feet. You tried to wake her, tried to get any response out of her. Yet your mother never woke, she laid on the couch, pale and cold.