5

The Next Day

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I get up hope in the shower and throw on my Selena long sleeve and some bleach jeans with my Tim's. I apply lip gloss and cherry blossom perfume before locking up the house and walking outside. Dee was waiting for me she opened the door for me and jogs over to her side. We sit in silence as we drive down the street and to the shop. We get there and there was two dudes arguing in front of the store.

" Keep yo head down." She demands before exiting the car.

I do as told and she pulls out a gun from her waistband and waves to show she had it the dudes get quite.

" Someone wanna tell me why the fuck you bitches causing a scene near my store." She says putting it back in her waistband.

One of the guys speak low so I can't hear. The look on Dee face she didn't seem pleased she told them to fuck off and they ran down the street. She opens my door I get out and we walk into the shop. I clock in and see the jar was empty. Now I know we ain't have that many kid clients. I look up and see Laae sucking on a sucker. I scold at her. She chuckled and continued her clients hair. I have a feeling I'm not gone like this bitch. I thought as I walk to the back to restock.

Few Hours Later

"Deka!" Dee yells my name from the front.

I quickly get up and go see what she needed.

" Gyros on fifth third order under Dee." She says handing me money. " Make sure they don't cheat you on that red sauce."

I leave the store and head down the street. As I'm walking I play sims on my phone. I see Cam across the street at Starbucks talking to a lady that looked kinda old but drugged out. I watch as they get up and she kisses the lady cheek and hugs her. I wait till the woman crosses the other side I'm on to walk over. Camilla was setting out a tip just as she seen me. She looked scared.

" Hey boo what you doing on this part of town." I say giving her a hug.

" Nothing bitch just running errands for mama." She said.

" Oh ok ok." I say releasing the hug.

" Yea what you doing out?" She asked.

" Going to Gyros to get Dee some food." I said.

" Y'all fucking." She gasped making people look at us.

" Bitch bye no." I say walking away. " I'll talk to you at school."

I get to gyro and pick up Dee order. I walk back tired as fuck. They eat as I watch tv. Today was slow. So Dee closed up shop early. She drives me home just as momma was pulling up. I panic as she gets out and stares In our direction as I get out and shut the door. She sees me and my heart sinks down to my feet. Her lips curled.

" What yo hot ass- Get in this damn house embarrassing me in front of these damn neighbors." She tries to grab a hold of my wrist but i jerk back. She tries to hit me but Dee comes out and grabs her and pushes her back.

" You've been with this dyke! What you a carpet muncher now? Stupid bitch. You are never going to mound to shit i hope yo slut ass knows that." Her words hit like a blade they cut deep.

My vision began to get blurry as the hot tears formed in the rim of my eyes daring to fall. Dee sees this and turns to Ursula.

" How dare you talk to your child that way." She said her fist balling.

" Ha my child? You could be her mama with your old ass. You like little girls huh?" Ursula chuckled.

People began to come outside.

" You can take care of her fast ass I didn't sign up to." She walks into the apartment. I follow her short after.

The tears fall as I storm off to my room and start packing my shit in a duffel bag. I tune her out as she curses and screams at me. I get a good two weeks worth of clothes and start packing my hygiene shit and leave.

" The rest of yo shit will be thrown outside!" She yells one last time as I slam the door shut.

I see Dee sitting by her car smoking a blunt and scrolling on her phone. Walking over to her she flicks it and gets in the car. I get into the passenger side and we sit in a moment of silence.

" Do you have anywhere you can go?" She breaks it.

" Yea." I say dry picking up my phone.

Calling Cam she picks up at the third ring

" Hey, i need to stay with you tonight. Ursula kicked me out." I say feeling the tears choking my throat as i hold them back.

" I'm on my way babygirl i got'chu." She says .

" No I'm on my way to your house it's to late for you to be out." I say glancing up at Dee who was paying me no mind.

" You sure?" She said.

" Positive see you in ten minutes." I say before hanging up.

The silence continued other than me telling her where Cams house is we pull up to her house and I thank her. Not waiting for a response i go to get out, but she pulls on my arm to get my attention.

"Wait lemme get yo contact." She spoke.

I hold out my hand gesturing for her phone. She pulls it out unlocks it and gives it to me. I put my number and name in, before handing it back and getting out the car. She pulls off once she knows I was safe inside.