16

Dee
"Hello?" Camila raspy voice picks up.

"Is Deka With You?" I say tryna not to sound panicked.

" No Dee. Why y'all arguing already?" She says sounding more irritated.

" Nahh I just got home. Her and.... STARR- DAMN BITCH DONT FUCKING YELL IN MY EAR HOE FUCK IS YOU STUPID!" She yells at me before hanging up.

I hurry up and scroll through my contacts to find "babymama" I ft audio. My heart begins to sink. after the third ring she answers.

" Is Starr With You?" I say instantly regretting it.

" No, where the fuck is my daughter?" She semi yells.

I hear her go through a few doors and her staff members greet her. Her background goes silent. I hear her breathe in deeply.

" Dee where the fuck is my daughter?" She says calmly.

" Maria now is not the time to play with me." I say.

"How the fuck am I playing with you I'm at work. I texted you and told you I'm taking over time." I could hear the lump in her throat.

" My mom probably came and got her. I'll call you back." I say clicking the phone not letting her respond.

I admittedly phone my mother. (She's not my real mother she's my aunt that I was raised by once my mother died.)

Ring Ring Ring! It's Maria.

"Boy why you calling my phone ay the we hours in the morning. Someone betta be dead." She barks into the phone.

" Do you have Starr?" I ask.

" No I don't have my grand baby." She said. I hang up.

Ring Ring Ring! It's Maria again.

I beginning to cry and panic worse. I pace back and forth. Trying to think hitting my head with my palm. I crash onto the floor and break down into a sob. My heart beats out my chest and I get myself together. I sit and think. Did Deka take her. Why would she leave her phone. I sit and ponder getting lost in my thoughts than I remember why I even left.
I ring Greg.

" This number is no longer in service.Please check the number and try again. Goodbye." The operator says.

I throw my phone at the wall. Now his number disconnected. I get up and grab my keys and pick up my phone the screen was cracked I started pushing to my Jeep. Starting the engine and ride to Greg house. All the lights was off.
Ring Ring Ring!

I turn my phone on do not disturb and suit up. Walking up to the house I see the living room tv on and Greg drinking a forty and puffing a blunt. Anger in me takes over but I control it as I unlock the front door. I successfully pick lock it and creep inside he starts to doze off and the blunt walks onto the frenetic carpet burning a hole into it. I knock over his forty and flames burst into the air alarming the smoke detectors and waking him up I punch him hard in his nose and began to look for Deka and Starr. All the rooms are empty and no one else is here. I run out as I hear fire trucks down the street racing to my car i started it just as they pull up to the scene. I burn rubber escaping.