• Vacation •

»You get me all fired up, there's nothing that can cool me down. You make everything go up in smoke, there's no one else I'd rather do this with. Five fine ladies in the club, we command: Turn it way up into the sky!«

Monday, Easter Holidays, 5:30 am.
Isak's alarm on his iPhone went off.
Slightly annoyed, the Norwegian turned around to shut the alarm off.
But when he saw the title of the alarm ("Flight to Marrakech") on the screen, his mood immediately changed.
Isak looked around the room. His red suitcase was already packed, he checked that twice last night.
Even's grey suitcase stood right next to it.
By the way, where was Even?

Isak looked around, Even was nowhere to be found.
But right after he finished that thought, his boyfriend of (now) two years stepped into the room.
He wore nothing but a towel, which was wrapped around his waist. There still were a few water droplets on his shoulders, probably from his hair, which was still dripping a bit.
"Hey baby. Did you get some sleep?", Isak asked while putting some of his long curls behind his hair.
"Yes, I did. I hope you did, too", Even answered before he went back into the bathroom.
Isak could hear the dryer, which Even used to dry his hair.

Almost 20 minutes passed and Isak was already dressed and ready to leave.
Even was brushing his teeth.
As soon as he was done, the both took their suitcases, grabbed their tickets for the flight and left the house.
"Do you've got the keys?", Even asked while he was starting the car.
"Yes, they're in my backpack", Isak said, turning on his phone to check the time.
5:57 am.

"Where do you want to sit, sweetie?", Even asked Isak.
"Oh um, you can sit next to the window and I'll sit down next to you", Isak said, pointing to the window.
"Okay", Even said before sitting down.
Even though the two went to bed very early, both of them slept almost the whole time they were flying.
Isak just slept and Even listened to "5 fine frøkner" and "Medizin", which were his two favorite songs.
The time passed and Even slowly woke up.
"The plane is landing now. Please make sure you're taking all of your belongings with you. We wish you a pleasant stay and thanks for flying with our airline."
"Isi? Isi baby, you need to wake up, the plane has landed", Even said while shaking Isak's shoulder.
The Norwegian slowly opened his eyes. He felt a sharp pain in his neck, since he had been sleeping with his head against Even's shoulder the whole time they were flying.
The both quickly took all of their belongings and left the plane.

It seemed like it were ages since they sat in the plane, but now they've gotten their suitcases and could finally leave the airport.
The warm sun welcomed them as the two young men left the airport.
The ride with the taxi didn't take too terribly long, luckily.
At 7 pm, the both arrived at their bungalow in which they were going to stay for two weeks.
After Isak had opened the door with the key, the two hugged each other.
"We've made it! Our first vacation together!", Even said excitedly.
Technically it wasn't their first vacation, it was just their first one that wasn't somewhere in Norway.
Isak smiled happily.

After the two were done with unpacking their suitcases, Isak took Even's hand and the two men went outside.
The bungalow's terrace was wooden and there were two chairs and a table.
The view was breathtaking. There was a small lake right next to the garden of the bungalow, which was surrounded by red sand and a few plants.
Isak gave Even another hug.
"I'm so glad that I get to spend two weeks at this beautiful place with you, my favorite human being on this planet", Isak said, slowly stepping onto his tippy toes to kiss Even.
"And I'm so glad that you're here with me, my love", Even said, leaning down a bit so that Isak could get back on his feet again.

These two weeks were going to be the best two weeks of their lives.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
(Wortcount: 720 words)