• Illusion •

»Even needed Isak and Isak needed Even.
The both couldn't go a day without being with each other.
It hurt Isak so much, that he could never have that ever again.
It hurt him so much.«

"Even?", Isak called. School was finally over on this Friday afternoon and Isak was more than glad to be home.
He took his shoes and his jacket off, before he put his backpack away and went into the bedroom to see how Even was doing. He couldn't wait to finally see his lover again.

Isak will probably remember what he saw, when he opened the bedroom door, forever.
His body froze, his heart stopped beating and he choked on his own saliva.
"Even!", Isak screamed, falling down to his knees.
Even's body laid there on the ground.
Isak put his hand in front of Even's mouth - he didn't feel Even's breath on his hand.
Tears were streaming down Isak's face.
Even's wrists were cut, there was blood everywhere.

Isak was devastated.
He pressed Even's cold body against his chest, praying for him to wake up again.
Isak placed a few kisses on Even's ice blue lips, his tears fell down on Even's cheeks. The cheeks that used to be rosy once.

The ambulance was on their way.
Everything went by really quickly. They picked Even up, they drove him into the hospital and Isak drove with them.
Time didn't go by as fast as Isak wanted it to.
He was still waiting for someone to tell him how Even was doing.
About two hours later, someone walked up to Isak. The doctor explained Isak what was going on.
"Well, umm, your boyfriend tried to commit suicide. And sadly he succeeded. He cut both of his wrists so badly, that enough blood could flow out and he died soon after he had lost too much blood. I'm so sorry", the doctor explained, silently sighing. "He's in the room number 204, if you want to say goodbye to him", he added before walking away.
Isak didn't move. He broke down, not caring about how many people might see him and stare at him.

Totally devastated, Isak walked into the room 204, where Even laid.
Isak sat down by the bed, intertwining his hand with Even's cold, lifeless hand.
"Even, I love you so much", Isak whispered, because his voice was way too shaky.
On top of that he hadn't stopped crying, which made it hard to talk as well.
"I wish you'd wake up now, so we could go outside and eat ice cream. Or we could go cycling together", Isak said, crying even harder.

Isak got home at 1 am, he was exhausted.
He had been crying for hours now and it seemed like there was no end to it.
As soon as Isak had closed the door, he broke down to his knees again.
He sobbed and sobbed, it was heartbreaking.
Isak slept on the couch that night, the bed smelled too much like Even.

The following weeks were pure hell.
After Even's funeral Isak had been in a *very* dark state of mind.
He had been thinking about suicide again, he stopped eating entirely and the only thing he did was exercising excessively.
After two months, Isak collapsed.
His broken body couldn't take it anymore.
The Norwegian man weighed barely 70lbs and he was close to dying overall.
He couldn't concentrate in school and he didn't sleep at night.
What killed Isak the most were the "Even flashbacks" he occasionally had, in which he saw Even in various places.

Would Isak ever get through this hard time?
Well, he couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel at least.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
(Wortcount: 620 words)

Sorry for this being so dark, short and depressing.
I didn't mean to ruin anyone's day.