3

~Iris's POV~

Later the next night, I found myself unable to sleep. I tossed and turned in bed, sighing to myself as Cassie's foot kicked at my leg. Irritated, I kicked her foot away, frowning to myself. She just rolled back over, nearly right on top of me.

I accepted that I probably wasn't going to be able to be getting to bed anytime soon and just gave up, carefully and quietly slipping out of the bed. I still didn't want to wake her up or disturb her. I tip toed towards the bedroom door through the darkness of the room, hardly able to see anything. I fumbled around for the doorknob and finally found it, quietly pulling the door open and stepping out of the room before I shut it behind me. I began down the hall and, as I walked with my hand lightly brushing along the railing, I glanced down into the emptiness of the dark living room. The lights were all turned out and I didn't like the dark, but I didn't want to turn the lights on either. I worried that maybe it'd somehow disturb someone, so instead I just left it off. The stairs creaked a bit under my weight as I walked down them, being that I wasn't the lightest girl. I was definitely on the heavier side.

I was a good 5'5 and a little over two-hundred pounds at 207, so there was a great bunch of meat on my body. I didn't mind it, though. Hell, I quite liked my body and had little doubts that I was the only one. I didn't sleep around a whole lot, but I'd had my share of appreciation from guys. As Cassie would say, I was on a "cleanse" from getting laid, though I wasn't. I just didn't, at the moment, have anyone I was interested in.

I wandered through the living room and into the kitchen, lightly flicking the light on in the kitchen to have at least something to help me see. I blinked, my eyes narrowing as the light momentarily disabled my vision before it readjusted. Feeling hungry, I searched the pantry for something to eat, but when I didn't find anything that I was interested in, I switched to searching through the fridge. I didn't find anything to eat that appealed to me, but at the very bottom, in a little drawer, I spotted a Dr. Pepper. It looked like it was the only one. I bent down and pulled the drawer open, grabbing the cold Can from inside. I smiled to myself, standing up and slamming the fridge shut quietly. As the door shut, my eyes glanced up and I gasped as Luke stood there, staring right back at me. "Oh!" I clutched the can in my hands, awkwardly shuffling on my feet.

His curls were messy and cute, sky blue eyes staring at me intently. "What are you doing?" He asked, raising a brow as he took a step closer. He wore a pair of black shorts and a grey shirt that clung to him nicely, though I hated to admit it. He was drop dead gorgeous, even I couldn't deny that. "What are you doing?" He repeated firmly, narrowing his eyes in annoyance. He didn't seem to like me much. I pursed my lips and shifted nervously against the wall, still clutching the soda can as I stared back at him. "S-Sorry." I stammered nervously. "I couldn't sleep and I got a soda. I'm sorry if I woke you." I apologized quietly, but he just stared back at me. After a second, he spoke again. "It's mine." He said, confusing me. "Um." I mumbled, frowning. "Excuse me?" I asked.

Luke stepped towards me until there was little to no space between us. "This.." He repeated slowly, as if I were dumb. "Is mine." He grabbed the Dr. Pepper in my hands and took it from me, my cheeks flushing as I backed against the wall. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't know." I assured, furrowing my brows up at him. He rolled his eyes and turned away, placing it back into the fridge. "Well, now you know." He said flatly, in a mutter. I frowned, wondering if I had possibly done something wrong. Maybe he just didn't like anyone, but he definitely didn't seem too fond of me.

A silence fell over us while I stood there, waiting anxiously for him to leave so I could find something else to drink. He was just standing in front of the fridge, staring at me. I was rather uncomfortable. "Why are you looking at me?" I snapped suddenly, unable to ignore his blatant staring anymore. He raised a brow. "You're a bit of a bitch, it seems." He said, disregarding my question. I gaped at him and crossed my arms over my chest, scowling at him. "You're the one staring at me!" I said childishly, irritated. He shook his head, rolling his eyes. "Yeah, I'm just wondering how someone could be so rich and still so ugly. You'd think that you'd have used some of that money to get yourself fixed up." He insulted. I won't even lie, either; That one hurt. I tried not to be hurt by it, but I was. "You're mean." I muttered softly, trudging past him to finally leave.