42

~Iris' POV~

My heart dropped in a panic, wondering how either of us had been so stupid to forget about them, but I kept my lips shut and forced myself to act normal. Luke, on the other hand, must've not noticed what everyone was talking about because he just turned around, brows furrowed in confusion. "Huh?" He frowned.

Andy gestured to him. "Your back, dude." He clarified, and immediately Luke's face shone with realization. I could tell he was itching to look over at me, but he didn't, thankfully. "Oh, right, that." He nodded simply, pursing his lips. Calum and Ashton both snorted, their brows raising as they eyed the deep scratches. "Damn, those are intense." Michael remarked from beside them, shaking his head.

"Who did that?" Calum asked, whereas everyone else just sort of watched on silently, curious. I watched silently as well, feeling a mixture of embarrassed and anxious. Why had neither of us remembered the scratches? "And can I have her number?" Nelly cut in, cocking his head to the side.

Luke whipped his head over to Nelly and he glared slightly. "No." He snapped possessively. Everyone was evidently very surprised by his reaction, their brows raising as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Did you get a girlfriend, Luke?" Andy asked, seeming to be both shocked and amused. His lips turned up into a smile and Luke looked over at him, staring at him for a second. "Yeah..." He mumbled awkwardly, biting his cheek.

Ashton snorted, briefly looking at the marks again. "You mean an actual girlfriend or a fuck buddy?" He asked bluntly, raising a curious brow. I awkwardly kept my gaze trained down on the floor, clutching so tight at my phone that I thought it'd break. Luke clenched his jaw and glared at him a bit. "I mean girlfriend, you shit." He sighed, shaking his head. "Besides, this isn't any of your businesses." He said defensively, eyeing everyone except for me.

Still, Andy pressed. "Well, who is it?" He asked anyways, raising a brow curiously. I could feel a gaze on me and I looked up, meeting Eros' eyes, but I immediately looked away. "I-I..." Luke stammered, shifting anxiously on the spot.

"Aw, c'mon." Andy teased, a grin growing on his lips. "Don't tell me you're shy now." He said. I tucked my hair behind my ear and nervously tapped my finger against my phone case, still refusing to look at anyone or anything else except the floor. "It's not important." Luke tried, shaking his head. My eyes flicked up and landed on his figure, managing to seem relaxed as I leaned back into the couch.

Really, though, I felt like my body was stiff and uncomfortable. "Then why are you being so weird about it?" Andy wondered, the grin fading into a frown. Luke didn't answer and I watched the way Andy looked at him, studying his behavior. "I'm not." He muttered eventually, sighing deeply.

Of course, Andy wasn't convinced. "You are. What's the big deal?" He frowned, confused. He clearly didn't understand, nor did anyone else, except for Luke, Eros and I.

Luke didn't respond yet again, probably feeling very put on the spot. After a moment, Andy must've come to some conclusion because he suddenly looked as if he had a big realization. "It's someone here." He stated, a grin growing on his lips. If it was possible, my heart dropped lower and I was sure it'd fall out of my ass. Did my brother have to be so observant?

I watched as Luke stared down at him, the briefest sliver of panic crossing his face before he managed to cover it. "No." He denied, shaking his head. Andy snorted, rolling his eyes. "Well, that's not true. Those marks look pretty fresh and you never leave the cabin." He mentioned. "They're not fresh." Luke denied, shaking his head.

Really, though, they were. They hadn't been there for more than a day. Some were still puffy whereas others weren't, but it was clear that they all were rather recent.