14

~Iris' POV~

I stared at Cassie for a moment, biting my lip in consideration. I suppose I must've been taking too long for her because she whined and swam towards the edge, closer towards me. "C'mon!" She exclaimed, pouting. I sighed and rolled my eyes, shaking my head. "Fine, fine. I'll get in."

I squeaked in surprise as I stood and Luke instantly did the same, his shirt now gone. He quickly jumped into the swimming hole, splashing water out a bit. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head as I unbuttoned my shorts and unzipped the zipper. My actions caught Eros' attention nearly immediately, his gray-blue eyes snapping up to me as if I were about to get completely naked. A bit amused, I shimmied out of my shorts, allowing them to fall to the ground around my ankles. Surprisingly enough, my movements caught the eyes of someone else as well, who I hadn't expected. Luke, who took a long glance at me and then quickly scrunched his nose up and instantly looked away. It was quite funny, in my eyes.

Stepping forward, I carefully lowered myself into the water, inhaling deeply at the temperature. It was a lot colder than I had thought it would be, especially since it was so hot outside today. You'd think the water would've warmed at least a bit. It wasn't freezing, but it would definitely take some getting used to.

Cassie grinned and began talking with Addison again, Andy's 'lady friend' as Luke had put it once, while Eros slowly made his way over to me. I stayed floating in my spot, lightly kicking my feet to stay above water as he neared me until his body was right in front of mine. His eyes held interest as he peered down at me, letting me know exactly where his mind was at. "Hi." I greeted, casting him an innocent smile. The both of us may have been tempted, but we still had agreed that nothing more could happen and I'd keep to that. I had to.

"Hey, little Iris." He hummed, the water rippling around us as we swam in place in front of one another. When he lightly kicked his leg forward, grazing it against mine, I hid an amused smile. "So," I began, acting like we hadn't been eye-fucking one another the past several minutes. "What's been up since I last saw you?" I wondered, peering up at him. A little pout formed on his lips, seeming to know exactly what I was doing. "Nothing new, really. I got promoted to manager but that's about it." He said, shrugging slightly. One of my brows raised and my arms waded through the water absentmindedly. "That's all?" I frowned, cocking my head to the side. He nodded and I bit my lip, hiding a smile. "No new girls, then? Or girl, who you're with?" I asked, genuinely curious. He chuckled and shook his head, amused. "No."

"No new girls or girl. Still single, if you're wanting to know if I'm up for grabs." He teased, wiggling his brows suggestively. I laughed, shaking my head. "Mm, no. Just wanted to know in general." I said. "Well, that's too bad." He pouted, cocking his head to the side. "Besides," He began, voice quiet enough that only I could hear him. "If there were someone I was interested in, then I wouldn't have tried to bed you the second I got you alone." He pointed out, grinning. I flushed and shook my head, purposely giving him a kick to the shin beneath the water. "That's true." I whispered reluctantly. He waded a little closer, backing me against the edge as if he and I were the only ones here. Panicking, I slightly shook my head. "B-But that doesn't mean that you and I can." I stated, reminding him of our conversation the first night he'd gotten here. I knew he remembered by the way he froze before he, though very reluctantly, backed off. "Fuck." He grumbled. "Sorry." He apologized, clearing his throat.

I gave him a small smile and nodded, exhaling deeply. "That's fine." I assured softly, knowing that both of us wanted each other just as much as the other. "You tease me, you know. So unfair." He pouted, causing me to snicker. "You tease me even more." I pointed out, shaking my head in amusement. He grinned, nodding. "I like to see the way you look at me." He confessed.