26*

~Iris' POV~

Luke woke me up very late the next night. By late, I mean sometime after one AM after everyone else had gone to bed as well. It was probably the one night that I'd decided to go to bed early, and now he was ruining it by waking me up.

"Iris." He whispered, lightly shaking my shoulder to wake me up. I curled myself up into a ball more, groaning quietly. "She's sleeping. Come back when it's actually day-time." I muttered, burying my head into my pillow. A soft sigh left him and he shook my shoulder a little harder. "Damn it, wake up. I need you to come with me to the store." He demanded, irritation leaking into his tone. I whined softly, pushing his hand off of my shoulder. "No, Luke. I'm tired." I mumbled.

I gasped as he suddenly grabbed my chin, tightly holding onto my face. My eyes snapped open and I looked up at him, scowling. "Let go of me, you doofus." I huffed, keeping my voice down. Cassie was still sleeping beside me, after all. I didn't want to wake her up. "You have to come with me." He demanded, not a hint of negotiation being left up for discussion. "Please, can't we go when it's not one AM? The stores are probably all closed." I sighed softly, but he just groaned irritably. "No, we can't. Get up." He replied firmly.

When I realized that he was definitely not going to be giving up, I rolled my eyes and sat up before I slid carefully out of bed. "Whatever. If you're seriously waking me up, I'm getting changed." I grumbled, shoving him out of my way before I headed to the closet and picked a change of clothes out with new undergarments. I headed into the bathroom and took a rather quick shower, brushing my teeth once I had gotten changed. I then brushed my hair out, sighing to myself.

I left the bathroom and headed quietly out of the bedroom, still in a very bad mood. I wish he hadn't woken me up in the middle of the night, especially just to go to the goddamn store. Seriously, what the hell?

Luke was on me practically the second I was out of the bedroom, grabbing my wrist and yanking me down the hall. I gasped, stumbling over my feet in surprise. "Let go of me!" I hissed, trying to pull my wrist from his hold. He pushed me in front of him, forcing me to go down the steps before him after he released my wrist. I rolled my eyes and stomped my way down into the living room, crossing my arms over my chest.

I must've been taking too long because he shoved me out of his way, proving to me that things had, in fact, not changed just because he'd had a conversation with me the other night. I didn't know why I thought the two of us could possibly become friends. He was just too mean to me for that to ever happen.

"Ow." I scowled, glaring at the back of his head as he stalked ahead of me. He paid me no attention, swinging open the front door and waiting impatiently for me to get the hell out of his cabin. I glared up at him as I passed him, a look that he had no problem returning. "Why do I have to go to the stupid store with you, anyways? You incapable of getting shit on your own?" I muttered bitterly. I didn't appreciate being woken up before I was ready, need I remind you.

He shut the door behind us, locking it as I stood on the front porch unamused. "Shut up, Iris. You know you have to do what I say. That's all that needs to be said." He sighed, rolling his eyes as he turned to face me. "But I wa-" I started to protest, but he glared down at me. "Just shut up." He hissed, eyes alight with annoyance. "You're not pulling your weight in helping me get Xena, so you might as well help me with this."

I scoffed, raising my brows at him. "Oh, really? What, then, do you want from me to help you get Xena?" I asked flatly. "You suck ass at flirting, and you still hang out with Eros, even thought I told you before to not." He scowled.

Surprise flooded my system. "Are you shitting me?" I asked, appalled. There was no way he was actually being serious. "You're seriously fucking telling me I can't hang out with Eros just because you need me to help you get laid?" I spat. I shouldn't have said what I did next, especially considering I was talking to the king of insults, but that didn't seem to register with me right then. So I said it anyways. I just couldn't help it. It was like my mouth had the words waiting and ready to come out before I'd even thought of them.