20

~Iris' POV~

A few days later I found myself rolling out of bed in the morning, liking how good I felt today. I headed into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me to take a shower. Once I locked the door and got undressed, I got into the shower and quickly got cleaned up before I turned off the water.

After debating for a few minutes, I decided I wanted to take a bubble bath. I didn't take baths very often, just because I felt like taking baths did nothing but let you simmer in your own filth, but I figured it wouldn't hurt now. I'd just taken a shower, after all, so I was clean and now I wanted a bath. I wrapped myself in a towel while I let the tub fill, grabbing one of the bubble bath soaps from the closet that Cassie hadn't used yet. I poured some into the water as it filled the tub, bubbles beginning to form atop the water while I placed the bottle back into the closet.

Once the tub had filled, I turned off the water and removed my towel, placing it on the sink before I stepped into the tub. The open window blew a light breeze into the bathroom, but I immersed myself into the water before I could possibly feel it. A soft gasp left my lips at how hot the water was, realizing that I might've accidentally had the water turned to a hotter setting than I'd thought. Luckily for me, however, I adjusted quickly and found myself relaxing underneath the hot water as the bubbles seemed to crowd towards my chest on their own. The hot water helped to soothe both my body and my mind, leaning my head back against the edge of the tub. My eyes fluttered shut at their own accord, breathing slowly and peacefully. I wasn't even actually tired, but I found myself feeling so comfortable that I began to drift off to sleep.

A good five minutes passed, finding myself falling further and further towards the sleep that my body seemed to be drawn towards. I was almost there, completely unopposed to the idea of falling asleep, even if that probably wasn't the best idea. Right when I was about to drift fully into sleep, ready to give up, my body suddenly had goosebumps raising all along my arms. I could feel that someone or something was staring right at me, which was odd for a number of reasons. I was in the bathroom. Who could've been looking at me? For a moment, I just tried to ignore it, being that I was thinking that it'd eventually just go away and it was actually nothing. However, it didn't go away. I still felt like someone was looking at me.

Feeling curious and a little creeped out as well, I reluctantly peeled my eyes open and lifted my head. When I looked around, everything was just as I had expected it to be. The bathroom was empty aside from me. There wasn't another person anywhere. I went to go lay my head back again, but then I spotted something out of the corner of my eye. Out of instinct, my head immediately snapped that way to look at what I had seen.

I found myself gazing out the open window, looking directly at Luke as he just silently stared back at me. It was damn creepy.

Now realizing that he was peering in at me like a creep while I was in the bath, I gaped at him and felt a blush rise in my cheeks. "What the fuck are you doing?!" I exclaimed at him, sinking under the bubbles more. A disgusting smirk hinted at his lips, stepping closer towards the window. "Nothing. I—" He began to speak but I quickly cut him off, having a very important question to ask. "How long have you been there, you fucking creep?!" I blurted, mortified that he was just staring in at me while I was in the tub.

Luke only shrugged, thankfully keeping his eyes locked onto my face. "About two minutes." He said, as if that were something that was okay to do. I gaped at him through the window, completely horrified. "Why are you still here?! Why did you look in the first place?!" I exclaimed, placing my arms over my breasts beneath the water, even though I knew he couldn't see them. I just felt way too exposed. "Calm down, shit. I didn't see anything and even if I did, it's not like I'd be very happy about it either. I still don't like you, you know." He remarked, rolling his eyes at me.