28

~Iris' POV~

Luke and I somehow managed to begin to get along over the next few days, which I think might've slightly freaked people out more than our arguing did. Even Andy had been weirded out by it, but I knew he didn't suspect anything. If he had, he definitely would've said something. I had no doubts about that.

Tonight, I found myself laying on the couch by myself while Luke sat on the other end of the couch, his phone in his hand. I stood up off of the couch, my movement drawing his attention away from his phone and up towards me. His blue eyes peered up at me curiously. "Where are you going?" He asked, turning off his phone. I turned to face him, raising a brow. "I was going to make some tacos. I'm hungry and I haven't eaten dinner yet." I explained.

His eyes lit up with interest and he practically scrambled off of the couch, standing to his full height. "Can I help? I want some too." He said, giving me a hopeful look. I contemplated it for a brief second, even though I already knew my answer, and then nodded. "Sure. How about you get all the stuff out while I cook the meat?" I suggested, staring up at him. Every time he was stood in front of me, I realized how ginormous this man was. He was nearly a whole foot taller than me, and if he was one inch taller he would be.

Luke followed after me into the kitchen, pulling taco shells and tortillas from the pantry while I found a pan to cook the meat in. I set the pan on the stove and then grabbed the beef from the fridge, heading over to the stove, which was turned on. I began to open the beef over the pan, squeezing the already ground beef into it and listening to the quiet sizzle as the heat touched the meat. I then grabbed a spatula from the drawer and began breaking the meat up, so it'd all cook properly. While I cooked the meat, Luke got the sour cream, shredded cheese, lettuce, and other shit for the tacos. After I had all the meat cooked thoroughly, I turned the stove off and looked up as Luke came and stood behind me, peering down at the meat. "You're done already?" He muttered in surprise, more to himself than anything.

I carefully set the spatula down and nodded, covering the pan with the lid I'd gotten earlier. "Yeah. It doesn't take too long." I said simply, shrugging. He hummed lowly in response, two taco shells on his plate that had a tortilla in the middle of each shell. "It smells good." He mentioned softly. I chuckled, moving out of his way so he could get the food if he wanted. "Mm, that's probably the taco seasoning on the meat." I teased, heading over to the cabinet to grab my own plate. "Your mom teach you how to cook?" He asked from over by the stove, curiosity in his voice. I merely shook my head, even though I knew he wasn't looking my way. "Oh, well, I don't really know how to cook. I can only do really basic shit." I admitted, slightly embarrassed.

I shut the cabinet and turned to the island counter, grabbing two tortillas. I'd never been a big fan of taco shells. The only time I ever used the shells was to break them into chips, so I could make a giant taco salad. "I don't know that I believe that. You made breakfast with Cassie that one day, and it was you that did most of the work. T-That was really good, by the way." He said, sounding a little embarrassed and shy. He must've not been very used to being nice to me, which was understandable. I wasn't used to it either, but I appreciated it. I liked it a lot. "Thank you." I replied quietly, spreading the sour cream on my tortillas.

Luke suddenly turned to face me, meat piled in both of his tacos. "Oh, um, of course. I figure I should be nice to you, now that we're..." He trailed off into silence, as if unsure if it were okay to say what he wanted to. "Friends." I finished, glancing up at him. He frowned a little and nodded, watching me as I continued to spread the sour cream over the tortillas. "Yeah, now that we're friends." He confirmed lowly, practically in a whisper. I smiled and moved around him to the stove, beginning to place the beef into the tortillas.

After I finished with that, I placed the lid back onto the pan and finished making my tacos beside Luke, the both of us quietly making our food to our liking. We then returned to the living room and turned on the TV, where the both of us ate our food in silence.