46

~Iris's POV~

Once I heard the two of them begin to approach the door, I quickly turned around and skittered my way back downstairs into the living room. I sat on the couch and yanked my phone out, acting as if I were busy when the phone wasn't even on. Andy and Luke came descending the stairs, chattering animatedly to one another as if they'd never stopped being friends. It was nice to see.

"What are you doing, doll face?" Luke hummed, plopping down beside me while Andy disappeared into the kitchen. Before he could see my blank screen, I shoved my phone back into my pocket and gave him an innocent smile. "Nothing." I said, not technically lying. He glanced down at the pocket I'd put my phone into and his lips pulled into a knowing little smile. "You enjoy listening in on our conversation, then?" He teased, his words causing my jaw to slack in surprise. How did he know I'd been eavesdropping? "What?" I squealed, an embarrassed blush on my face. He grinned at me, his clear clue eyes shimmering with amusement. "I know you were listening. You were practically stomping up after me when I went up there." He chuckled.

I gaped at him, smacking him on the chest as I shook my head. "Shut up!" I whined, not even bothering to deny it. It was obvious he knew I'd been listening in, but at least he wasn't mad. If anything, he just seemed amused, so I guess that was good.

Luke only grinned, planting a kiss on my face in response to me hitting him. "You're so cute when you're embarrassed." He teased, lightly nudging my knee with his. I rolled my eyes, slouching back against the couch as he slid his hand into mine. "I'm not embarrassed." I denied, shaking my head as I tilted my face up towards his. He raised a brow, not looking the slightest bit convinced. "Sure you're not." He murmured, observing my face for a moment. "Well, you gonna congratulate me on managing to have a conversation with him about our relationship that didn't end with him trying to beat me up?" He snickered, scooting closer to me.

Andy walked back into the living room from the kitchen, sitting down on the other couch. "Of course, you idiot. Congratulations." I said flatly, causing him to grin. "So kind." He chuckled, shaking his head. I went to make a little remark back at him but he suddenly leaned in, one hand grasping the side of my neck. All my thoughts shot out of my mind and I gasped, caught off guard by his sudden kiss. I hesitated for a second before I kissed him back, but I pulled away after a few seconds. Andy was still in the room and I didn't want to make it awkward, especially considering he had only just accepted Luke and I being together. The least I could do was not make out with Luke in front of him.

For a few hours, the three of us watched TV in the living room, occasionally stopping to have brief little conversations with one another about whatever was on TV at the time. Once it began to get dark, though, Andy turned off the TV and stood with a groan. "I'm going to bed. Night, idiots." He yawned at us as he walked away, heading up the stairs.

I laughed quietly and gladly led Luke out of the living room and upstairs into my bedroom. I noticed the little grin on his lips as he kicked my bedroom door shut and locked it, his eyes peering down at me. There was a deep blush on my face as he grabbed my face, placing a firm and eager kiss on my lips. "The second you and I aren't in a house with other people, I'm gonna have you under me until you're screaming my name." He cooed, kissing me even harder at his own words. I giggled and yanked him closer, tangling my fingers into his curls. "You'd better live up to that promise or I'll be incredibly disappointed." I teased, causing him to grin against my mouth and pull back to laugh.

"Oh, I fully intend to live up to that promise." He hummed, placing another kiss on my lips, though this one was soft and quick. "But for now, let's get you changed and in bed so I can cuddle with you." He suggested.

Per his request, I changed into a pair of pajamas and he stripped into his boxers, joining me in my bed. A content sigh left his lips as he pulled me closer, slithering his arms around my waist. "I can't believe I got him to listen to me." Luke breathed happily, burying his head into my neck. A snort escaped me and I shook my head, nibbling my lip. "I know, I know. I told you that you'd be fine and it'd go great." I comforted happily, leaning back to see him a bit better.

"I suppose you're right." He pouted at his realization, causing me to grin wider. "Now who's the cute one?" I taunted, raising my brows sassily. He gave a teasing squeeze to my thigh. "I'm the cute one, of course." He said confidently, shrugging. I raised my brows at him and he laughed, pulling me close enough that my chest was pushed firmly into his. He definitely didn't plan on letting me go anytime soon, it seemed.

I laid there with him in my bed as he softly hummed a tune, placing with the soft strands of his hair while he kept his head buried into my neck. "I missed my little doll so much." He slurred tiredly, making it clear he was about ready to pass out and go to sleep with how comfortable he was. "I know, Luke, I know, but I'm here now. I missed you, too." I said softly, placing a tender kiss on his chest.

A smile pulled up at his lips and we both fell silent, up until I broke it again, that is. "Can I ask..." I began hesitantly, furrowing my brows. I didn't know whether or not asking about this was the best decision, but I didn't care. "How did everyone else react when they realized that you and I were together?" I asked quietly. He lifted his head from my neck so that we both could see one another. "Well, some people were mad and some were rude, but most accepted it as it was. I think some of them were just jealous that I snatched you up before them." He chuckled quietly. I couldn't stop the quiet laugh that tumbled from my lips at his words, but neither of us said anything more about that.

I lightly pulled and played with his hair, knowing he was fighting sleep by the way he shifted every few moments and how his eyelids weighed down before he forced them open again. "Do you ever wish that you had gotten Xena, like you first wanted?" I asked softly, feeling curious.

Luke let out a little giggle, though it was muffled as he buried his face into my neck. "Mm, no, and you know why?" He asked, to which I slowly shook my head. "Xena wasn't my endgame. I knew she wasn't interested and I wasn't interested in her. I just needed some excuse to get you to act like you liked me because I had already started to like you by then." He babbled on, spilling his secret to me. My lips parted in surprise and I couldn't help but to smile slightly, finding that unbearably cute. Fuck.

"She wasn't interested?" I repeated, cocking a brow. He shook his head, playing with the fabric of my shirt as his head fell back into my pillows. "Unh-unh." He said, forcing his eyes open yet again. He was clearly close to falling asleep. I eyed him, a little smile still on my lips. "And what is it that makes you think that?" I wondered, brushing my fingers along his chest. I wouldn't know how she couldn't be interested in him. What was there not to be interested in? Even if it were just sexually and not emotionally, he was beautiful, but he was also a good guy. Who wouldn't be interested in that? A little silence passed before he spoke finally.

"She's a lesbian."