27

~Iris' POV~

For obvious reasons, Luke and I ended up not going to the store that night. The both of us had instead gone inside and showered and then I went to bed again.

Over the next few days, the two of us had been sort of avoiding one another. Well, I hadn't, but he was avoiding me. I think he finally understood what we'd done, and so had I. I'd crumbled so easily when he kissed me. I let him fuck me over the hood of his car!

The difference, though, between him and I was that I had fully accepted what we did. I also had completely accepted that it was only a one time thing, which was something that both he and I seemed to be agreeing on, so that was good. The days had been rather uneventful and boring, being that mostly everyone in the cabin liked to lounge around and do nothing. Today, however, didn't seem to be one of those days. Today I, along with everyone else, had been forced out of the cabin to go to the store. Since Luke and I hadn't gone that night, it never got done, and now it needed to be done. After everyone was awake and ready to go, everyone split into different cars and, just like last time, I got stuck alone with Luke. Fuck.

I reluctantly got into the car and shut my door, whereas Luke started the engine up and waited until I had my seatbelt on before he began to drive, leading everyone in the direction we were supposed to go. The drive to the store seemed longer than it was, neither one of us saying even one word to one another throughout the entire ride. It was completely silent and it was weird. Uncomfortable. All I could do to get through it was look out the window, watching the scenery pass us by. It had become increasingly normal that Luke and I said absolutely nothing to one another ever since what we did. We didn't even fight much anymore. Sometimes we fought, but most of the time we just sort of avoided each other. Again, it was mostly him avoiding me. I had no problem being around him, but it seemed he had one being around me. That was okay, though.

When we got to the store, Luke practically scrambled his way out of the car and abandoned me where I sat. I won't lie; It hurt my feelings a bit that he couldn't even stand to be around me just because we'd had sex. He was the one who initiated the whole thing by kissing me, so why was he being like this? Maybe he felt guilty. Andy was still my brother, after all. He probably felt bad having to act like he and I hadn't done anything. Regardless, the lack of arguing between the two of us definitely could've been seen as suspicious. We had fought all the time before, and suddenly there was absolutely no arguing whatsoever. I knew people were wondering why because I'd already had a few people asking me why. Maybe I should try to talk to him later.

Once I'd promised myself to talk to him later on, I got out of the car and shut the door, hearing all the doors lock after me. Everyone else had already headed inside, whereas Luke was just awkwardly stood by Andy's car. He was waiting for me, I realized. I stalked past him with my head down a little, feeling his gaze on me as he followed silently after me into the store. I felt a blast of air hit me as the automatic doors slid open, sighing to myself as I entered and didn't bother to get a cart. Luke, however, decided to get one. I heard him pushing it along behind me before it entered my peripheral vision, until he was hesitantly walking beside me. I awkwardly walked beside him down into an aisle of drinks, all of which I realized were alcoholic.

My brows raised when he began piling bottle after bottle of alcohols into the cart, looking down at them. "Oh. You got plans for all those?" I asked, surprised at how many bottles he'd put in the cart. He looked over at me, blue eyes scanning my face in an awkward manner. "Uh, yeah." He muttered. "Jazz asked me to get some for everyone." He explained, continuing down the aisle. "Oh." I frowned, hesitantly following after him. I headed into the next aisle with him, looking up as Eros suddenly came bolting into the aisle and slammed into me. I gasped, stumbling over my feet. "Shit, sorry." He chuckled, grasping my arms to stable me. I turned and looked up at him, a lock of his dark hair falling into his face. "That's okay. Um, hi." I said, giving him a small smile. He grinned back, looping his arm over my shoulder as we headed down the aisle with Luke. "Hey." He cooed, teasingly nudging my hip with his.