19

~Iris' POV~

I stood in the kitchen by myself the next day, the sun streaming into the cabin through the windows while I made myself some breakfast. Nobody else was awake quite yet, or so I'd thought.

Luke suddenly came running into the kitchen, blue eyes wide as saucers as his gaze landed on me. Confused, I stared at him and broke my eggs apart, scrambling them. "Uh, are you okay?" I asked, raising my brows confusedly. He shushed me, stalking forward and coming to stand behind me. I tried to get away, still holding the handle of my skillet. "N-No! Away!" I gasped, but he only shushed me again and his hands suddenly planted low on my hips. A squeak of surprise left my lips, attempting to get out of his hold, though to no avail. "Stop. Xena's coming." He muttered softly.

"But I..." I started to protest, but he dug his fingertips in my hips and I shut up when Xena walked right into the kitchen like he'd said. I clenched my jaw, forcing myself not to freak out at the unfamiliar feeling of him pressing himself into me from behind. "Oh!" Xena said as she entered, clearly surprised. "S-Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt o-or something." She apologized awkwardly.

When I realized what exactly she thought what was going on, I resisted the urge to throw up all over the eggs in front of me. Instead, I just gave her a small smile, hoping I didn't look like I was constipated. "No, you weren't interrupting anything." I assured, shaking my head softly. I desired to get away from Luke as he buried his face into my neck, making me feel uncomfortable when he seemed to inhale my scent absentmindedly. Why he was smelling me, I had no idea. That most definitely wasn't something that he needed to do as part of this.

Unfortunately for me, it didn't just stop with him smelling me. No, he took it a small step further and began softly kissing my neck.

A quiet gasp left me and I nearly leaped away right there, not expecting him to do that. His lips were soft and plump, only lightly kissing my skin along my neck and to my shoulder. I involuntarily shuddered, my face heating intensely as his mouth left wet kisses on my skin. As much as I hated to admit it, and I really hated to admit this, he had a really nice set of lips. They were pretty and pink, full and plump and, right now, were assaulting my neck while Xena raided the fridge.

I wished for Xena to leave as quick as possible, not at all wanting him to keep up with what he was doing. Sure, he had a nice mouth, but he was a fucking asshole. I most certainly hadn't forgotten that I was only doing this because he made me. Apparently, Luke seemed to agree on my feelings about what he was doing because he stopped for a moment, sighing into my skin. "This feels fucking...gross." He muttered flatly.

Amused, I hid a smile and nodded lightly. "You're telling me." I mumbled, continuing to mix around the eggs in the skillet so that they didn't possibly overcook. "Those eggs smell nice, though, so that's a plus." He admitted, chuckling.

"They're mine, so don't even think about it." I warned, looking up at him over my shoulder. As if to tell me I was being an idiot, he painfully pinched me on my hip. "I'll do whatever I want. Those are my eggs, doll face, remember that." He reminded, tsking softly. I rolled my eyes, turning off the stove once I was sure that the eggs, my eggs, were cooked enough. "Are they? I'm pretty sure I cooked them, so actually they're mine." I corrected lowly, raising a brow.

Xena poured herself a cup of milk and practically skittered out of the kitchen, a little frown on her lips. The second she was gone, I elbowed Luke and he gladly stepped away, the both of us shuddering in disgust. "I hope you'll not have to do that a lot." I sighed, shaking my head as I turned to face him. He gave me a look of agreement, briefly glancing at the eggs behind me on the stove. "Trust me, the feeling is mutual, little doll." He assured, scrunching his nose up in disgust. A snort left my lips, stalking across the kitchen and grabbing a plate out of the cabinet before I returned to the stove. "Why did you sniff me?" I asked.