A trip to ancient times

*Dahlia*
"Morning sleepyhead". I hear Zac's voice whisper into my ear, making my eyes flutter open, to see him bend over my bed, smiling widely.

I groan and stretch my body. "Why are you so annoyingly chippy this morning ? And what time is it ?"

"Well it's a little past 9 am, the weather is beautiful and I have already done my workout for today, had a nice shower and bought us breakfast, so get up and get showered". He say grinning.

I swing my legs out of bed, grumbling under my breath about people who are up and functioning way to early, which only makes Zac chuckle. He definitely had his morning coffee.

He disappear back into the livingroom and I make my way out into the bathroom, having a quick shower before getting dressed in shorts and a tank top, leaving my hair loose and only putting on a bit of mascara and a dab of lip gloss.

"Hope you are hungry". Zac say with a smile as I walk into the living room area. The table has been set and is literally filled with food. "I didn't know what you preferred eating".

I look at the table, there are scrambled eggs and bacon, fresh baked italian bread, 4 different kinds of cold cuts, 3 kinds cheese and every kind of fresh fruit you can imagine. "You didn't have to do this Zac, but it looks absolutely delicious".

"As long as you are happy, I am happy. Now eat". He say grinning, loading his own plate with eggs, bacon and fruit.

Sitting down I get a bit of egg and bacon first, after that I cut some slices of bread into smaller pieces, making Zac look at my plate. "Uhm what are you doing ?"

"Well it all looks so good and I want to taste it all, but there is no way I can eat a slice with each, so I am making little bites for tasting". I say, grabbing the first cheese, for my first piece of bread.

"Smart girl". He says and I smile, taking a bite of my bread.

Twenty minutes later I lean back in my seat, holding my stomach. "I am way to full, it was absolutely amazing Zac".

"Thank you, but it was nothing special". He say, getting up. As he starts packing the rest away in the fridge. I take the plates and cups, washing them up.

"Don't sell yourself short Zac, it was. A woman could get used to this kind of royal treatment". I say winking at him.

He just smile this little lopsided smile, that I am not completely sure what means. "So ready for a day of fun ?"

"I most definitely am.. what are the plans for today ?" I ask him, curious about what we are going to see and experience.

"I was thinking we could do the forum Romanum and the colosseum, if you like". He say smiling.

I grab my bag. "Well show me the way".

*Zac*
"So what do you think ?" I look at Dahlia, as we stand outside the colosseum after our private guided tour of both Colosseum and Forum Romanum.

She smiles, her hands moving enthusiastic through the air. "Oh it was amazing, totally overwhelming and the guide knew so much".

"Yeah she definitely had a lot of knowledge. I am happy you enjoyed it". I say. It is truly a joy doing things with her, she is so enthusiastic and spirited.

"It was like being in another time, I could almost see how it was back then". She say with a sigh.

I hail a cab to take us back to the apartment, holding open the door to Dahlia sliding in behind her. "So want to know what we are doing this evening ?"

"Oh please tell me". She looks at me all excited, biting her lip.

"Well I might have a reservation at a very fancy restaurant, it has a fancy bar with live music next door, I thought we might have a fun night out". I say, waiting for her reaction.

She smiles, padding my knee. "Oh it sounds wonderful Zac, and I'll love to go. But you should be doing all this with a girlfriend".

"Well maybe, but as I am kind of short on girlfriends at the moment you will have to do". I send her a cheeky wink. "No honestly I like being here with you, doing these things with you. I.. I might have missed you these last years".

She takes my hand and squeezes it. "I kinda missed you too, I should have kept in touch.. I just got so caught up in everything.. and well I had this boyfriend, he was security going with us, protecting us. I thought he was the one, but he turned out to be really jealous and possessive.. it didn't end to well".

"I am so sorry to hear that". I tell her. I can easily imagine how a man can feel inadequate and insecure being with her. She is so beautiful and she gets so much attention from men.

Squeezing my hand again, she says softly. "You don't have to feel bad Zac, you were not the one who hurt me". I am about to object, but she smiles and says. "I can see it in Your eyes, you feel guilty because you are a man, but don't feel sorry for others mistakes".

When we arrive back in the apartment she stretches on her toes, kissing my cheek softly. "Thanks for another great day so far Zac. I'll just go freshen up and change my clothes".

"You are welcome darling". I say, watching her disappear into the bedroom. I sink down on the couch, running a hand through my hair, sighing to myself. "I'll end up getting burned, I'll just end up getting burned".

Maybe I should just tell her, hope that she might be interested in being more than friends. But what if she isn't ? Will it ruin it all ? Will it have her on the first flight back to LA ? No I better wait, give her more time.