A romantic picnic

*Tom*
"Ready to go ?" I ask Maddie as I meet her in the hallway outside our rooms the next morning.

She smiles at me. "Definitely, now we just have to see if the love birds is going to be there".

I chuckle. "Yeah that might be a big if, those two have a hard time keeping their hands of each other for long".

"They are so cute together. I have known Dahlia for three years now and this is a new her, I have never seen her so happy and content". She tells me, with a small sigh. "I guess it is what we all wish for".

"To be swept away by love so great we can't resist it ? I guess you are right". I say, smiling softly at her as the elevator dings and the doors open.

She walks out into the empty foye. "Yeah, I mean a slower pace is okay. I am not sure I would trust enough in myself to jump out in it like this. But it is kind of romantic".

"It is, but I get what you are saying. I don't think I would have the guts to jump into it like that, even if it felt right, to many times burned I guess". I say, I would be happy just to meet someone the would spark my interest by now.

The elevator plings, letting Zac and Dahlia out. They are walking hand in hand talking and giggling. Zac looks up. "Oh hi morning, ready for a fun filled day ?"

"Definitely, where are we going ? If we are allowed to know now". Maddie asks him.

  "We are going for a beautiful picnic in Villa Borghese gardens". He say smiling and Dahlia claps her hands happily, making him kiss her gently.

That actually sound quite nice, even though I have a feeling I will be spending most of the time talking to Maddie. I have no problem with that, she is a great girl and I like to get to know her better. "Well let's get going then".

We take a taxi to the park, stopping at a delicacy boutique where Zac goes to pick up a big picnic basket. Then we rent a funny four person bike and I get in the back seat with Maddie.

"It really is a beautiful park". Maddie say looking around, as we pedal down a quite wide road.

"It is, but not as beautiful as my bride". Zac answers, taking Dahlia's hand and kissing it.

The cykle sverve, as Zac is the one behind the wheel, and I call out. "Hey Zac focus on the road please, you can romance her when we get of the bike".

He just chuckles, but at least he focus on steering the bike. I look at Maddie and she giggle and shake her head, whispering. "He is crazy in love".

We find a great spot next to a beautiful fountain under some shadefull trees. We park the bike and I spread out the blanket while Zac gets the picnic basket.

*Maddie*
"Look at them. They are so cute I might get a toothache". I look at Dahlia and Zac. He is laying with his head in her lap, and she is feeding him grapes and strawberries.

Tom look at them. "Yeah they are disgustingly happy". He pick up a grape. "I can feed you if that is what you dream about".

He holds the grape towards me and I lean forward, snatching it with my lips and eating it. "Well kind of not the same".

The food it great, fresh fruit, freshly baked bread, cold cuts and cheeses. Tom plucks another grape, throwing it into the air and catching it with his mouth and I let out a low whistle. "Impressive".

"Hey Tom, throw one here". Zac sits up and Tom throws a grape at him, hitting his nose.

Dahlia and me both giggles and Tom grins. "Smooth Zac, really smooth, you meant to catch that with Your nose right ?"

"It was a bad throw Tom, you aimed for my nose. Try again". He looks very much focused, but the grape hits right between his eyes.

"It's the distance, no one can do it at this distance". Zac say, making all of us break down in laughter.

I hold up a grape. "Are you ready Dahlia ?"

"Sure, let me have it". She say and I loop the grape into her mouth perfectly, making Tom whoop and clap his hands.

She holds her hands into the air in a victorious gesture. "Who is the champion ? Did you see me babe ?"

Zac tackles her to the ground, tickling her mercilessly. "More like a bad winner".

"Stop Zac, please stop, I'm gonna pee my pants". She is squealing and trying to get away from him.

Instead he starts kissing her and she stops squirming. After about 30 seconds Tom claps his hands, clearing his throat. "Stop Zac, now or I'll get some water from the fountain and spray you down".

"Jealous Tom, that I have someone to kiss and you don't ?" Zac says grinning, as he sits up again, letting Dahlia go.

"Actually yes, I am not embarrassed to admit that". Tom says. "But that was a low blow Zac, a really low blow".

I look at Dahlia and she nods, both of us moving up beside Tom, kissing him soundly on each cheek. Dahlia giggles. "Is that better ?"

"Well it's a start". He says, sending me a cheeky grin that makes my stomach erupt in butterflies.

"Sorry Tom, you are right that was a below the belt blow". Zac say with an apologetic smile.

Tom gets up, holding his hand out to me and I grab it, letting him pull me up. "It's okay Zac, I know it was meant lovingly".

"So Maddie, Zac has told me that he and Dahlia is going to be tied up all afternoon with wedding preparations and I thought that you might like to join me for a little trip to the zoo ?" Tom asks me.

I look at Dahlia, who nods telling me it's totally okay. "I would actually love that Tom, I happen to love the zoo".

"Me too, Well then it is settled". He grabs my hand. "You were okay to take the cykle back, right Zac ?"

He nods. "Just get out of here kids, have fun but behave". He say grinning.