Date gone wrong

*Dahlia*
We have spend the day visiting a couple of beautiful churches. But Zac has both looked and seemed tired and worn. I have thought about cancelling my date several times. I don't like leaving him alone if he is not feeling well. But he is insisting that he is fine and I should go. I have decided that I will cut the date short, just dinner and talking, no dancing or anything after.

Actually I am wondering why I am doing this. I mean yeah Alessio is rich, famous and handsome, and he seems like a nice guy too, but am I actually really interested in him ? No.. so why am I doing this ? When it is really someone else I want to notice me.

Sighing I look in the mirror, like going on a date with someone else will change the way Zac sees me.

I put on a light make-up, and fluff my hair up to get a bit extra waves in it, then I pull on my dress, it is simple and orange, I like that colour on my sun kissed skin. But I am not thinking about what Alessio will think, only what Zac will think.

*Zac*
I am finding myself pacing the floor of the living room, part of me wanting to tell her that she can't go. But I gotta have faith, to believe that this will work out. If we are meant to be this won't ruin it. I know her, she is a good girl, so it's not like she is going to jump into bed with him.

There is the sound of a loud engine and I look out the window groaning loudly. Of course Mr perfect footballer has a red ferrari, what else could he be driving.

Shortly after the doorbell rings and I go to let him in, putting on as friendly a face as I can munster. "Evening Alessio, she is just getting ready. She will be out in a minute".

"Sure, I bet she is making herself look gorgeous for me". He say grinning. He is wearing a flashy Armani suit, his hair combed back with gel.

"She don't need to do anything to be gorgeous, she always is". I say, walking over to slump down on the couch.

He looks at me, like he is measuring me up. "Hey sorry man, it's not my fault if you have gotten nowhere with her, seems like you have blown your chance".

"No I am sorry, because she is going to see right through you, she is a smart girl too you know, not just pretty". I tell him, really wanting to knock out his teeth.

"Oh when I get a couple of drinks in her she will forget being a prude, and she will forget everything about you". He say with a sly smile.

I can't help laughing. "If that is Your plan you have already lost, because she never drink more than a single glass".

This is when she walks out from her bedroom. She looks absolutely stunning in a simple orange dress. But before I can tell her Alessio steps up, grabbing her hand and kissing it. "You look ravishing doll".

"Thanks Alessio". She say, sending him a smile he doesn't deserve. Then she comes over to hug me goodbye, as he goes to open the door. "See you soon Zac".

"Remember call me if you need me, and take good care of yourself". I tell her, as I hug her extra tight. "You look beautiful by the way, as always". I do not like this, but there really isn't anything I can do. I hope I am right and she can see right through him.

————————————————————————————————————

I spend the next couple of hours pacing the living room. I even try going for a short walk, picking up some bread, cold cuts and fruit for dinner, but I am unable to eat anything. I also try going down in the apartment buildings gym, but give up after 30 min. I simply can't focus.

Pulling out my phone several times, thinking about calling her, but then putting it away again. What would I say ? I really hope she will see right through that asshole and slap him into next week.

In the end I can't stop myself and I pull out my phone, sending her a quick text  'Just want to make sure you are okay'.  But does it help me, no it only makes everything worse when she doesn't answer and I start pacing the floor again.

Looking at my phone again, no answer.. it has been almost twenty minutes.. I give in, texting another message 'Please answer me, I need to know you are okay'.

I start pacing the floor again, this time it takes five minutes, then my phone plings and I almost drop it, getting it from my pocket. 'I need you badly'.

Texting faster than ever before, feeling my heart beat frantically I send her a question, while stepping into my shoes. 'Where are you ?'

Fuck what is happening ?

Then another text, with a picture of a street sign and a little later a house. Smart girl, now I know where to find here, I just need to get there in time.

And I text back 'On my way, hold on'.

I don't have time to wait for the elevator, so I take the stairs, three steps at a time, running out onto the street. Luckily I spot a taxi almost instantly and get into it, giving the driver the street name from the picture, telling him I need to get there fast and that I will pay him double if he makes it happen.

Turning in on the street twenty minutes later, I start looking for the house. I show the picture to the driver too. I just need to get there in time.