CHAPTER EIGHT

"Research?" Scott questioned as Lyra nodded her head," Der-

The window of her room opened again and coming in was Derek," It was like I summoned him" Lyra muttered as the boys stood up as the Alpha wolf came through the window.

"Derek?" Scott asked with Stiles walking near Lyra—he did not dislike the man as much as before, but he felt a little protective of Lyra after hearing he suddenly visited her unnoticed and it was like on cue, Lydia came running in the room.

"Lydia?" Stiles asked looking at her

"Heredity" Both Derek and Lydia said simultaneously at the same time looking at each other furrowing their brows but back to Lyra.

"I'm sorry, what's Heredity?" Lyra questioned as she looked at them both.

"You're a born werewolf" Lyra choked on air as the boys looked at Derek and Lydia who nodded.

"How did you find out?" Lyra asked first turning to Lydia who she smiled

"I found some old notes on your family, and journals, the name Frieden family, they are an old werewolf clan"

"Yes, she is right, I can't believe I never noticed" Derek shook his head grumbling

"I can't find this scent you say she has Derek" Scott announced

"That's because her werewolf genes are not fully awakened, only an Alpha can smell her scent, but once she awakens it fully, you'll be able to smell her" Lyra made a face not really happy with how Derek said 'smell her'

"So, your saying I was born a werewolf? But then why have I been uh—dormant?" Lyra interrogated Derek as her three friends turned to look at him also curious.

"I'm not sure, maybe your Uncle can answer that" Lyra raised an eyebrow

"Is my Uncle a werewolf as well?"

"No, he isn't, but he might have the answer you are looking for" Derek specified

Lyra crossed her arms," Well that doesn't explain my ghost man"

"Ghost man?" Stiles questioned looking at her as she facepalmed at her stupidity not sure of how she could explain it.

She let out a sigh and decided to take the gamble of explaining it as much as she could," The man, that was in my car, said it was a gift, and We are family now," She had not revealed the last part knowing the boys and Lydia would go all mama bear on her.

"What?!" They shouted and she was stood corrected nodding not bothering saying anymore.

"Derek, can you explain how I threw you across the room?" Lyra asked as her friends were once again left shocked.

"I don't know, that's what makes me want to know how you did it, our kind can't do that"