CHAPTER NINETEEN

Stiles felt his legs burning and he was losing his breath as he kept chasing Lyra, who was still in view

Stiles felt his legs burning and he was losing his breath as he kept chasing Lyra, who was still in view. She despite being part wolf, was still quarter Siren, and since she held down her wolf, she was not able to use the speed of her wolf. So, she was getting tired fast, and she could feel Stiles catching up.

Stiles noticing her slowing down used the last of his strength pushing himself to catch Lyra, and he did, he grabbed her hand that was in reach and pulled her as they both fell back, with her landing on his chest from the fall, and him cushioning it. They both groaned as their bodies collided with one and another.

Lyra tried to stand up, but Stiles had her locked in a hold from leaving," Stiles let me go, please" She begged as he shook his head refusing

"No—No I won't"

"This isn't right Stiles, we can- Stiles cut her off crashing his lips into hers. She tried to pull away but he had a hand on the back of her head holding her in place. Lyra wanted to pull away, but she wanted more than anything to continue. Both needing air, the pulled away as Lyra shook her head realizing what she had done but Stiles did not regret it, he loved her.

"Maila, you have Maila, Stiles," Lyra said as her eyes brimmed with tears as he rubbed his thumb on her cheek lovingly

"I been horrible to her, Maila knows, she knows I love you"

Lyra froze hearing the last three words," You what?"

"I love you Lyranne Marie Frieden" The tears spilt out of her eyes as she heard those words, not once, but twice, he said it twice, and she was afraid to say it, because all she could see, is Maila getting hurt.

"Stiles, this is not fair to her, even if she knows, I can't do this" Stiles leaned up bringing Lyra up as well still holding her back and the other hand still on her cheek.

"I want us—I think I always have, way before you left, and after, when you were gone, a part of me was always empty, Lyra, I'm so horrible for doing this to Maila, yes, its true, but I can't help loving you so much" Lyra leaned her face on his hand as the tears still kept falling, and Stiles also having the tears fall down his face.

Stiles and Lyra, both loved each other, but the timing was so ever wrong.

"We can't do this Stiles," Lyra said as he dropped his hands looking at her as she stood up. She walked backwards," Not to Maila," She said turning to walk away.

Stiles watched her this time, not wanting to force her, and its not like he could, he was still in a relationship with Maila, a pretty long running one at that, and just to dump it all, because the one he first loved, was back, was the worst move he could ever pull.

He watched as the one he loved walked away and tears kept falling down his face profusely not showing any sign of stopping. He was sure, that his heart was really shattering, the pain he was feeling, was unbearable, for a second time, he had let go of the one he really loved.