CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

As the pack went their separate ways back home, Maila took a detour to the Frieden residence

As the pack went their separate ways back home, Maila took a detour to the Frieden residence. She needed to give an earful to Lyra. She knew that just like Stiles, even if she had known her for only a few months, she was stubborn like him.

She was stood outside the Frieden dwelling and listened for Lyra as she closed her eyes focusing. Maila found it as she jumped to the roof and went in front of Lyra's bedroom window. She saw Lyra laying on the bed crying her eyes out, and she reached for the window opening it, furrowing her brows at how careless she was to leave it unlocked.

She jumped in and finally, Lyra noticed jerking her body backwards seeing Maila in her room," M-Maila?" She stuttered as she wiped her tears

"You and I have a lot to talk about" Lyra looked at her as she walked forward sitting on the bed next to her.

"Do you love Stiles?" Maila asked looking at Lyra and she looked down shaking her head but Maila knew she was lying, her heart rate spoke for itself

"Don't lie to me, Lyra"

Lyra lowed her head," I'm so sorry Maila, I-

"Why are you apologizing for loving someone?" Maila was confused and not because she was dense, she meant it in a literal way.

"He's your boyfriend Maila, and I kissed him" Maila wanted to smile at hearing about there kiss, but realized it was not the right moment, she needed to get things straight with Lyra.

"Lyra, the moment I met you, in the forest with the others, I had known—always known you and Stiles loved each other, and I stayed with him, even if I knew about both your feelings, but I didn't do it out of spite, I did it to make you both get where we are now, or at least what I thought it was supposed to me, but your both absolutely stubborn"

Lyra looked up at Maila as she continued to speak," You and Stiles, together, when you embraced, I heard your heartbeats both in sync, it was like they were one, that moment I knew, all of us in the pack, could see that you two are meant to be together, it was like your hearts were finally complete, and honestly, I'm not that experienced or smart for the matter, but even I understand that nothing is as strong as your love for each other, be selfish, don't say you can't do it, because you can, no one is stopping you, I'm most definitely would not, I want you both together"

"But don't you love Stiles?" Lyra asked as Maila chuckled

"Honestly, when I first got together with him, I wasn't even sure of what love was, and spending time with him, maybe but loving him like the way you do, no, I never had that, he was the one who helped me the most when I was trying to get my life back together, but I think, what was between us was surface feelings.

"You and Stiles, love each other, the desire to see past everything, even after those three years apart, the pair of you entailed giving without condition, wanting the very best for each other, not keeping a record of wrongs, trusting each other completely that, I know from Scott he had told me you two always trusted each other, Sometimes, when we are together, its like we have to constantly confirm our feelings, but Lyra, you and Stiles, don't, I can see it, you both know you love each other, and you don't need to sit down and question anything. It's just there"