CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Stiles walked forward to Lyra as she looked into his eyes, Aibek himself calmed down as Lyra's anchor was right in front of her

Stiles walked forward to Lyra as she looked into his eyes, Aibek himself calmed down as Lyra's anchor was right in front of her. She did not shout for him to leave, but watched as he knelt down in front of her," Lyra, breathe"

She was hesitant but took deep breaths as her nails were returning to normal. She flinched when Stiles reached for her grabbing her hands. All it took for her was to bite Stiles, but she did not have the urge to, the bloodlust, was dispersing as Stiles held her hands looking into her eyes that was still red, but he did not move. He kept peering into them, like he was trying to search for her soul.

Aibek no longer breathing heavily as he calmed down when suddenly Stiles pulled Lyra into a hug, making her gasp and immediately her eyes and teeth went back to normal. Lyra taking in Stiles' scent calmed her completely, he knew she was calm, but kept hugging her, feeling like he belonged there.

Scott looked at them as they were hugging and peered at Maila who was not showing any jealousy, but a smile, which confused him entirely, her own boyfriend was embracing another girl, and it was clear, that his two childhood friends were in love with each other.

Liam felt hurt, but hearing the calm heartbeat coming from Lyra, but what was strange, was that both Stiles and Lyra's heartbeat was in sync, as if they were connected. He discreetly looked at Maila worried but noticed as Scott had earlier, that she was not jealous, but almost proud.

Lydia knew, for a long time, since she befriended Lyra, that Stiles always chasing after her, was not out of love, in fact, his heart was beating for someone else, someone who always stood right next to him, and the years she was not around, she noticed that something about him was missing, and that was Lyra.

Maila, listened to the two's heartbeats in sync and the warmth grew inside her, maybe just maybe, her anchor, was oddly enough, Stiles and Lyra being together, was it possible? Maybe.

The beginning when her and Stiles were together, she was so happy, she felt human, after not being one for many years, but then, since the secret about her father, that was when she realized, that the happiness was not the same. It was Senior year, when Lyra came into the picture, the same happiness she had around her late younger sister, the happiness of being with Stiles, was nothing compared to what she was feeling right this moment.

Lyra and Stiles pulled away from the hug looking into each other's eyes almost as if they were the only ones in the world, but then Lyra realizing her mistake, she pulled herself up out of Stiles' arms and took off. Leaving the entire pack to watch her, Stiles wanted to chase after her, but he had to think about Maila, but then, it was like she heard his thoughts

Maila spoke up," Go after her Stiles" He looked back at her as everyone did as well

@It's okay, please, go after her" Stiles looked at her eyes, not seeing the glint of any tears, but instead a smile, and it was not a fake one. He looked at her like he was apologizing, as she nodded.

Stiles got up running after Lyra, he may not have the speed like her, but he kept running.