Ch6: Save Them

No one's pov

"I can't believe those bastards took Raios and Lightbulb" Gajeel yelled, slamming his fist onto a table. "What do we do? How do wee track them down?" Lucy asked, looking surprised.

Suddenly the guild doors burst open as a panting Rufus, Orga, Yukino and Minerva stood at the door, Lector and Frosch flying next to them. "Where's Rogue? People said he came here" Minerva panted, trying to catch her breath from running.

"Gone. He was taken by some guys along with that exceed and the golden keys" Gray replied. "They got Rogue too?" Yukino asked, hands in front of her mouth. "We tried to fight them off but one got past to to the second floor and took them" Erza explained.

Everyone agreed to search and formed a search team consisting of Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Erza, Wendy, Yukino, Minerva, Orga, Rufus, Gajeel, Levy and the Exceeds as they headed out into town. They looked around until they found out that someone said that they thought they saw someone carrying what looked like Rogue off to a building that belonged to what many thought of as a group of thugs.

The group thanked their source and headed over to this building. It was in middle of a ditch and looked to be heavily guarded. "Look. There's a hole in the bottom off the wall. We can sneak in through there" Minerva suggested, everyone snuck down into the ditch and went in through a small gap in the wall.

When they all finally got in, it was pitch black. Natsu lit a flame in his hand and the group walked around until Lucy stepped on something that made a loud crunching sound underneath her.

"Please tell me that was a branch" she begged as Gajeel bbent down and picked half of what she stepped on up. "It's a bone" he stated, looking at the white object. "Who died down here?" Natsu asked.

"It looks too small to be a human bone, maybe a baby but who would leave a baby to die?" Levy explained. "G-guys. You might want to take a look at this" Wendy called from a little further over.

They all walked over and were left in shock. Piles of bones covered the area. Lily picked up a skull, looked at it then dropped it, his fur fluffing up. "What's wrong?" Rufus asked, just as surprised at the tough exceed's reaction as everyone else.

"I think these are Exceed bones" he stated, shaking slightly. "I think I'm going to be sick" Yukino stated, holding one hand over her mouth and the other over her stomach.

"Who would kill so many Exceeds?" Orga asked, kicking one of the bones at thee bottom of the pile as a few more slid down. "That would be my boss" someone else spoke.

Everyone turned around to see a small girl, hands clasped to her chest. She looked to be around 9 or 10 and was wearing tatty clothing. "Who are you?" Erza asked.

"Mary. I stay down here to make sure no one gets in and also dump the corpses over here" she replied. "Who's your boss?" Minerva asked, walking over to Mary.

"Aku. He plans to revive an old murderer and he needed a host so he stole these cats from somewhere and had them continue to produce eggs. Every time they hatched though, they either didn't have the shadow magic, the light magic or both so he killed them and threw them down here" Mary explained, tearing up.

Minera pulled Mary into a hug and ran a hand down her back as she cried into Minerva's shoulder. "Can you help us?" She asked. Mary nodded as Minera looked at the others.

"Do you know where our friends are?" Lector asked, still comforting Frosch who had been upset during the entire thing because he was afraid that Rogue was gonna die.

"They should bbe upstairs in the cell" she replied. "I'll take you there" she added as she started to walk away from the bone piles.