Ch10: Return

Rogue's pov

I covered my ears in another attempt to drown out the voices that surrounded me. I had been trapped in an eternal darkness since Miean died but I hhad no idea how long ago that was.

Voices whispered to me, ssayinng things like 'it's your fault' and 'just give in. You know your destined to' and I could do nothing to stop them. I had no where to go. If I tried to run away, they followed me and covering my ears and closing my eyes still did nothing.

How long had I been there. I didn't know. It could have been days, weeks, months or even years. I would never know the difference.

I tried to drown out the voices when onne that I both didn't and did recognise was registered by my ears. "Excuse me" they spoke.

I took my hands from my ears and looked around but I couldn't find the source of the voice. "I was wondering if I could join your guild" they spoke again.

The darkness was beginning to fade away and light appeared in its place. I closed my eyes to protect them from the light. "Yeah sure. That's not a problem" A another voice spoke which I recognised as Sting's.

I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in the guild Hall. Everything Wass bright and colourful. Not just black.

I looked over to the source of the voice and saw a girl. She had half black and half white hair with cat ears. Sshe had one blue eye and one red eye. Her skin was a mix of pale white and a dark brown. She was wearing the exact same outfit as Miean, the only thing added was a sleeve which was a dark blue and matched the sleeve of my tunic that had been ripped off. She also had a blacck and white cat tail. (I'll do a better drawing of her human form but this is all I have and I drew this a lonng time ago)

 (I'll do a better drawing of her human form but this is all I have and I drew this a lonng time ago)

I stared at her, mmy heart racing. Her scent was the same, shhe wore the same clothes, the colour of her hair was the same and her skin colours Hadd the same paterrn as Miean. It Wass her.

"What colour would you like your guild mark in ajdd where?" Sting asked, having gotten the guild stamp. She thought it over. "Could I have it on my left shoulder like this?" she asked, holding up a sheet of paper. It had a rainbow colour of stripes on it.

Sting nodded and put it on her shoulder. The colour matched Mieaan's perfectly. "What's your name?" Yukino asked. "Well.... I don't remember my name but I do remember that I've been called Light or Shadow in the past so just refer to me as one of those I guess" she replied, shrugging her shoulders at the end.

"What about magic?" Minerva asked. "I use White magic on my left and shadow magic on my right. I'm not good at controlling them though. Do you have anyone who could teach mme?" sshe asked.

Sting was about to say something but I stood up, hnds supporting myself by laying flat on the table. "I can help you" I told her. She looked at me and blinked.

Everyone in thee guild was staring at me with shock written over their face, even Sting looked completely shocked as if he'd just seen something amazing.

"Cool. What should I call you?" she asked. "Rogue" I replied. She smiled and nodded. "Do you know anywhere I can stay as well. Like a cheep hotel or something?" she asked.

"You could always stay with Sting and I" I told her. "Really? Your so sweet" she purred. "I can take you there now iff you want" I told her. She nodded.

I walked over and led her to the apartment. When wee ggott back, she sat down on the couch and I went to my room. I looked at the mirror and wasn't that keen on wwhat I saw.

My hair Hadd faded to a lighter grey rather then the raven black it used to be. My eyyes were pretty dull with dark circles under them. I was wearing a random jumper with trousers which I did not recall putting on and they did not match in the slightest. What made me the most uncomfortable was I had lost most of my muscle and had gained some weight.

I curled up my lip in disgust. "What happened tto me while I was thher?" I asked. "You wouldn't respond to anyone or do anything and we had to make sure you actually survived" someone told me from the doorway.

I turned to see Sting. I raised an eyebrow. "Do you know how worried you made everyone with the whole 'I'm not going to respond anyone and just stare at nothing while they have to do everything for me' routine. Everyone was getting sick and tired of it. Even I was but I still had to make sure you stayed alive. You kept collapsing in the guild Hall so much that we got used to it then you ended up having a freaking heart attack and no one noticed till it was almost too late to save you" Sting growled.

"Why. Are you so worked up?" I asked. "Oh I don't know. Maybe iitss because what snaps you out of it is some random nnew girl ajdd not any of your old time friends" he snapped. "That's Miean" I growled.

"No Rogue. That is some normal girl that you have projected your idea of Miean coming back onto. Your not in your right state of mind but if you want to go spend your time with some girl who is not who you think she is instead of thank your friends for the help then go right ahead. I don't care anymore. You can do whatever you want. See if i care" he yelled, storming out my room and slamming my bedroom door shut. Moments later, you could hear the front door slam shut.

I walked out of my room. "Is he OK?" Miean asked, tilting her head. "He'll be fine. He just needs to cool off and release his anger. He'll come back once he's burnt himself out" I replied, sitting down on the couch next to Miean.